Skip to main content
Internet Archive's 25th Anniversary Logo

tv   Piers Morgan Tonight  CNN  April 4, 2011 9:00pm-10:00pm EDT

9:00 pm
taliban hit lists. they will be the first to go. >> i think also there should be -- look, the pastor jones was condemned by everyone who represents america directly or indirectly. >> where's michele bachmann on this? >> i vice president had any muslims in the united states condemn -- people who are killed now in the name of islam. killed. >> right in this country needs to condemn. >> all right, we're going to have to continue this some other aday. thank you for watching. good night from new york. jesse ventura is not your average politician until your average politician is a bodyguard, a navy seal and a wrestler. jesse is also a action hero and a conspiracy theorist. >> i speak my mind, whether anyone likes it or not. >> he's done it all, he's done
9:01 pm
it all. what's left for jesse ventura? could the body be planning a run for the white house? >> you'll be the first to know, piers. >> tonight, jesse ventura on jfk, conspiracy theories and what he says the american government is doing behind closed doors? >> all the people that question me, i turn around and say well, how much independent investigation have you done? >> jesse venture for the hour. this is "piers morgan tonight." jesse, welcome. >> piers, welcome to you. >> oh, to uh. >> you replaced a legend. >> larry said you always caused trouble. >> well, if telling the truth caused trouble in the united states today, then i do. >> excellent. i'm trouble. >> to me, truth telling
9:02 pm
shouldn't be trouble. but if it is, so be it. >> what do you make of this extraordinary news cycle we're currently in with incredible uprisings all over the middle east, with the continuing global recession, with earthquakes and tsunamis and nuclear crises. it's been an extraordinary period. what have you made of it from your advantage point? >> you probably shouldn't ask me that since my tv show is called "conspiracy theories." >> exactly. >> we have a thing up in alaska called h.a.r.p. that can cause these things with the weather. i discovered that. it's located up in alaska. >> i've got to say, i mean, you've got a place in alaska that can create -- >> yeah, it's called h.a.r.p. what it is is it's 50 antennas basically that put out 50,000 watts, which is the maximum you can for radio, and it combines and shoots it up and they
9:03 pm
ricochet it off back into the ground. they can knock planes out of the air with it. they can control cloud movements and all that with it, with the weather and all this stuff. and they call it an unclassified research center, but i know that's a lie, because when i went up to go inside, they wouldn't let me in it. so clearly it is classified. so they're lying on the classification to begin with, cl which governments do that. they lie a great deal today. >> the theme of your book, coming back to what's going on in the world -- >> i i thithink, you know, you' always going to see a rise up of the workers, of the people at a certain point when they've been oppressed long enough. and it seems in the middle east they've been dealing with these dictators and they've been dealing with dictators and not fair elections, or not having elections, and generally it's the youth, which i think it is over there a great deal, too.
9:04 pm
young people are often not satisfied with the status quo. and if there's wrongs being done, young people have the courage at times to rise up against them. >> the way that america has dealt with these respective uprisings have been very different. some would say inconsistent, to put it mildly. what's your take? >> we're only worried if there's a corporate interest. take rwanda. we had no interest in that because there was nothing there corporate to gain from it. i said publicly that we're -- i refer to us now as the fascist states of america. because if you look at the simple definition of fascism, it's when corporations team up with organized religion to run a government. i think we're there. >> really? >> yeah. >> i don't see barack obama's administration as being run by organized religion. >> i see it being run by corporations, though. clearly. barack obama ran on change. change that people can -- what was the quote?
9:05 pm
well, what change have we seen? nothing. he ran to close gitmo. he ran to get us out of the wars. we're more in the wars than we've ever been and gitmo is still there. i got a feeling he was taken to the woodshed. >> you mention rwanda. and it's scandalous that people didn't get in as soon asser than they did. millions died as a result. when you see what's apparently about to happen in benghazi and libya where it appeared gadhafi was about to slaughter possibly hundreds of thousands of his own people, is there not a humanitarian duty like countries like america to prevent that if you can? >> yeah. but i think you have to go maybe on the perspective that it has to -- the first shot has to be fired first. >> it was being fired. he was killing people. >> oh, he was? well, then sure. obviously there should be an intervention of some sort. but why is it always the united
9:06 pm
states? >> it's not. it's nato as well. you've got an alliance of countries. why are you laughing? >> the coalition of the willing? >> to be fair in libya, it was french and british planes that went in first. >> good. let them go. it's about time they go. >> do you think america for too long has been the world's policemen? >> yeah. if i became president, the first thing i would do is shut down the 248 bases that are located throughout the world. >> but that wouldn't help security for america, would it? >> why not? >> we shut down all the bases overseas? >> we can get anywhere. we have nuclear missiles. when you look at -- okay, plele reverse this for a moment, piers. we don't like hugo chavez very much. he nationalized oil. kicked corporations out of the venezuela. that's why people don't like him. he's got money. how would the united states feel
9:07 pm
if hugo went by palm springs and bought 100 acres of land and moved the venezuelan military into there. >> so you're saying the mere presence of american bases is inflammatory? >> yeah. why do we have bases in foreign countries? >> well, the argument is to try to prevent uprisings. >> or is it the opposite? colonization and world dominance. i could make that argument, too, for it. >> has it been healthy for america to be the number one superpower for so long? and is it actually perversely -- would it be helpful now that places like china are nudging ahead of us? >> it's easy to see what's going on. the united states is following textbook example of the roman empire, getting itself involved now in three wars. >> when you served in vietnam, you didn't -- i don't think have live combat there, right? you were serving, is that correct? >> when i got back, i'm a navy
9:08 pm
seal, when i got back from my service overseas in my first deployment, the massacre just happened. i was brought in by my commanding officer, my entire team and we were ordered, we were to discuss nothing of what we did or any ops we were on, because normally the seals are all part of a top secret operations. so i do not discuss anything i did in the military. other than to say i served honorably and received an honorable discharge and i showed up, which is more than what george bush can say. >> the point i was going to make is what lesson did you learn being in the military about the reality of war? >> probably the biggest lesson i learned happened in 2004 when i was teaching at harvard.
9:09 pm
the falsification of ground troops over nothing that never happened. they made it up. if you study history more, most wars are false flag to get people to support the wars. >> do you think that america and the west generalry should stay out of civil war? >> yeah. >> let countries fight it out if they want to. >> would be more sensible and dare i say cheaper foreign policy? >> well, i don't know, it would certainly be cheaper. and again, what made us the policemen of the world. >> what do you do about some place like iran. they have a civil war and the bad guys get in charge? the extremists hold the country, then they become a genuine threat, not just to america, but -- >> that's true, but look at all the bad guys we support. simply because they're our puppets.
9:10 pm
>> well, support/control, perhaps. >> well, let me put it this way. i was in the philippines the day that ferdinand marcos declared martial law and became a dictator. he didn't do it without our permission. we gave him permission to become a dictator because he was our boy, he was our pawn. as long as they answer to our corporations, we're good with them. >> but isn't that the nature of the beast? isn't that the way it has to be? >> does it? >> the alternative is you just let every country get on with it. >> shouldn't countries determine their own destiny. >> poeb, but then you end up with the possibility of further irans. which is dangerous to world peace. no one dispute that. you have a huge country run by a guy who's said he wants to annihilate israel. these are dangerous people who then have the power to do what they say they're going to do. that can't be allowed to happen, is it? isn't that why america and the west generally has to do dirty
9:11 pm
deals with the devil occasionally. >> do they? i don't know. >> is the alternative just to have open season everywhere? america has no influence over any part of the world. that can't be healthy, surely. >> it isn't america having the influence, national corporations have the influence. we're the puppets to them. >> what would you do about oil then. >> what do you mean what i would do about oil? >> by your yardstick, if you don't get involved in places like egypt when there's an uprising as there was and you get extremists in charge who decide they want to punish america and they want to get together with the syrians and the yemens and the iranians and they're going to stop any oil coming out of the middle east to america, then what? that would devastate your dmi here and devastate america -- >> i live in minnesota and we don't get any oil from there. ours comes from canada. the point i'm making is there's oil all over the world.
9:12 pm
>> welsh the worlwell, the worl out. but don't you think but. >> but don't you think we need to shed our dependence on it. all the money we're spending on oil. if we turned around and spent that on solar energy and moving that forward, things oof that nature forward, the amount of money we're spending to secure this oil, if we took half of it and just spent it on alternative energy, we could break this resistance and then we wouldn't be compelled to have to go over there and ensure -- do you want to know why we're in afghanistan? >> i'm fascinated. it came to me six months ago when they found lithium there worth $1 trillion. what is that used for? every cell phone, computer and soon to be electric cars. why don't they tell us the truth. we're going there to get lithium so we can live like we live. don't sit and try to tell me
9:13 pm
we're going to give democracy to the world. >> sounds a bit like you' been on lithium. you can't seriously imagine we've gone to war in afghanistan over lithium. be serious. >> i am serious. >> my brother served a seven-month tour in afghanistan. he did not risk his life for lithium. >> what did he risk it for? >> because everybody knows osama bin laden was training people to commit atrocities in afghanist n afghanistan. >> everybody knows that? >> you believe things that are not true. i'm going to throw a few stories. i want to see what you think happened. test these conspiracy theories. big deal is on a mission for priceline. uncovering hotel freebies like instant discounts, free-nights... ...and free breakfast at hotels in virtually every city. so, thanks to this large man in a little jetpack...
9:14 pm
you can search thousands of hotel freebies... right now only at priceline. a body at rest tends to stay at rest... while a body in motion tends to stay in motion. staying active can actually ease arthritis symptoms. but if you have arthritis, staying active can be difficult. prescription celebrex can help relieve arthritis pain so your body can stay in motion. because just one 200mg celebrex a day can provide 24 hour relief for many with arthritis pain and inflammation. plus, in clinical studies, celebrex is proven to improve daily physical function so moving is easier. and celebrex is not a narcotic. when it comes to relieving your arthritis pain, you and your doctor need to balance the benefits with the risks. all prescription nsaids, like celebrex, ibuprofen, naproxen, and meloxicam have the same cardiovascular warning. they all may increase the chance of heart attack or stroke, which can lead to death. this chance increases if you have heart disease or risk factors such as high blood pressure or when nsaids are taken for long periods. nsaids, including celebrex,
9:15 pm
increase the chance of serious skin or allergic reactions or stomach and intestine problems, such as bleeding and ulcers, which can occur without warning and may cause death. patients also taking aspirin and the elderly are at increased risk for stomach bleeding and ulcers. do not take celebrex if you've had an asthma attack, hives, or other allergies to aspirin, nsaids or sulfonamides. get help right away if you have swelling of the face or throat, or trouble breathing. tell your doctor your medical history and find an arthritis treatment for you. visit celebrex.com and ask your doctor about celebrex. for a body in motion.
9:16 pm
>> 2,000 architects demanded a new investigation. >> you're the first guest i've had where we're still arguing in the breaks. let's get to your conspiracy theorys. >> i'm unique. >> let me ask you, john f.
9:17 pm
kennedy's assassination, who did that? >> it was done by william harvey, who was the head of the cia's assassination unit at the time. david morales was directly involved in it. he like wise is the gentleman who killed chez guavarra. morales was a part of that. i saw, heard and read a confession by hunt on a death bed to his son. when he confessed, it was not a confession of remorse, it was a confession of pride he wanted to know we helped you out. >> jesse, aren't you being slightly naive. people can say anything on a death bed to immortalize themselves. >> you're not going to convince
9:18 pm
me he could make shots. >> why? >> because i tried them and i'm an expert marksman and he wasn't. i couldn't do them. i couldn't even -- the fastest i could work was 8 1/2 seconds and they're telling me he got three shots off in six seconds with that bolt of crap piece of weapon? i tried it. we tried to simulate the whole thing. and i qualified expert when i was 50 as the governor of minnesota. >> do you think neil armstrong landed on the move. >> i don't know. >> dpung he did? >> yeah, i believe that. >> why do you believe that? >> we have the technology to get there. >> we have the technology to have -- investigation an assassination. >> we do, but we don't. my mother before she died, she had a big trunk. when she died, in the bottom of the trunk she had every minneapolis paper of that
9:19 pm
weekend that john kennedy was killed. this was in minneapolis' monday morning paper. this is '63, so it had to go out early in the afternoon, a sunday, to be in the monday morning paper. and you know what was down in the bottom, dallas police declare case closed. >> come on, jesse. >> it's right in the paper. >> kennedy is killed on friday, ruby kills oswalt on sunday and the dallas p.d. say the case is closed. they haven't interviewed a witness, there's no confession but the case is closed. come on, piers. what type of investigation is that? >> i have never, ever heard anybody suggest the investigations were closed on the monday within hours -- >> it was in the paper. dallas police declare -- >> do you believe everything you read in the papers? i have never met a man who believesless of what he reads in the papers and now you want to
9:20 pm
base your whole theory on something you read in yor mother's paper at the time? >> i'm not basing this on reading one line in the paper. i'm basing this on reading everything i could get my hands on. >> let's move to 9/11. your theory of 9/11 is what? >> my theory of 9/11 is the best we knew it, was going to happen. they allowed it to happen to further their agenda in the middle east and go to these wars. >> so just to clarify, president george bush knew that 9/11 was going to happen, that 3,000 people were going to get murdered. >> they had all the information. if you looked at -- >> are you suggesting he knew? >> if you look -- put it to you this way, the august 6 memo was pretty clear. >> do you genuinely believe, jesse ventura, that president george w. bush knew 9/11 was going to happen? >> no. >> why do you say it? >> but i believe dick cheney
9:21 pm
knew it. >> really? >> yep. >> you believe he knew it was going to happen? >> well, why did john ashcroft quit flying commercial planes that summer and only fly private planes. why did that happen? >> you don't onnestly believe this. you don't honestly believe dick cheney knew it was going to happen. you can't do. it's not rational. >> excuse me. do you really believe that evil people can't be in charge of governments? if you do, go talk to the germans. they know a little about that. that evil people can get in charge. governments are run by people. people can be bad. >> so dick cheney is involved? ashcroft is involved? all these people got together and planned 9/11. come on. it's madness. >> oh, that's madness. but you'll fully accept that 19 islamic radicals armed with box
9:22 pm
cutters taking oorders from a gy in a cave in afghanistan could defeat our multibillion dollar security system. >> yes. that's exactly what happened. unfortunately they exposed a massive flaw in security. >> what was it? >> they'd been trailing and aiming to go one way, aiming to land planes in a certain manner. wanted to take off, not land. all of these were clues this was a weird set of circumstances. i'm afraid that's exactly what happened. i have great respect for you and your book is very readable. the problem is, once you start buy into these theory, you never stop. and with the internet these days, there's a conspiracy theory on everything. do you believe that princess diana was murdered? >> i don't know. i don't look into that. i only go into things i've
9:23 pm
studied. i studied 9/11 for 3 1/2 years no uh. and it's my expert opinion as a demolition expert. i was trained by the best the u.s. government has. i served three years on underwater demolition team 12. two years i was attached to seal team one. when i look at the buildings and how they fall and the way they fell, they couldn't have come down without being assisted in some manner. and then i -- >> you don't believe when two large planes hit the world train center, hit both towers and they explode that that couldn't bring down two buildings? >> no. the empire state building was hit by a plane and it didn't collapse. >> it was a tiny plane that hit the empire state building. >> no, it wasn't. >> the world trade center buildings were tested against boeing 707s which are bigger than the planes that hit it. if it punctured, it was like the
9:24 pm
screen door. it would cause damage right where the hit was. but this uniform collapse? if you look at the powder, when it collapsed, it would collapse in big chunks. i was at the site two weeks after it happened and they had to cease digging that day. you know why? they were finding pockets of molten liquid metal underneath. you, if everything took place 150 floors up, why was there molten metal underneath? it requires 3,000 degrees to melt metal. . >> you're a patriot. >> i don't know if i am. >> you consider yourself to be a good american. >> i've been a mayor, i've been a governor, and i served six years and was honorably discharged from the united states navy. >> do you accept that some people, many people, will be listening to this and consider it to be quite offensive what you're saying? >> what, to question government?
9:25 pm
i think it's quite offensive not to question government. >> it's more than question -- >> i i think it's offensive to sit back like a zombie and accept everything you're told. >> i get that. when you're telling the american public, as you are right now, and indeed the wider world around the world that dick cheney, vice president of the united states -- >> i would like some answers from him. >> you didn't say you wanted some answers. you say he knew and was responsible for the biggest atrocity in american history. do you believe it happened? >> no, no, i'll just say it happened on his watch. so they're responsible for it. . >> so he didn't know? >> i don't know. >> before we go, just clarify one more time. you said cheney knew and then he didn't know. did he know or not? >> i don't know. >> you don't know. i wasn't there. but i certainly have questions for him that were not answered. >> i get it. we'll be back after the break. thank you, jesse.
9:26 pm
9:27 pm
9:28 pm
9:29 pm
wikileaks released classified information has generated a lot of attention worldwide in the past few weeks. the hysterical reaction makes one wonder if this is nonan example of killing the messenger for the bad news. >> exactly. >> that was congressman ron paul talking about wikileaks. i'm back with my next guest jesse ventura. you agree with ron paul there?
9:30 pm
>> absolutely. if you would have continued with that statement, representative paul, i dedicated his book to him. he's the only one that has the courage, that will stand up. he made the graemt statement that in a free country, when telling the truth, you can get charged with treason, we're in big trouble. >> even if you've stolen the information? >> stolen information? excuse me, we all pay taxes. all that information is paid for by my tax dollars. i have every right to know ho how my taxes are spent, how every single penny is spent. i have the right to know that. they're using my money. >> you served in the money. would you have been absolutely happy for every private memo involving your navy seal glup to come out. >> no. no. there's a difference. >> why not? what's the difference? you're paid for by the tax payer. >> but it could jeopardize the
9:31 pm
mission. once the mission is over, we're not jeopardizing -- >> you don't think anything published in wikileaks could jeopardize lives or military operations? >> let's go to this young man that's in prison right now. >> bradley manning. >> i hope they're giving him his rights, which i don't think they are. they're holding him, he can't talk to a lawyer. >> that i agree with you. >> the first thing he leareleas was that helicopter murdering those people, murdering them. so now bradley manning is in jail, but the helicopter murderers are still free. they're fine. so apparently leaking this is more important than committing murder. >> like i said to you -- >> answer that for me. answer that for me. >> you haven't answered my question. my question -- >> i've been answering all of them. you haven't answered one yet. >> i'm interviewing jesse. that's the way it works. >> not with me. >> that's the way it works with me. >> we'll butt heads then.
9:32 pm
>> i can perhaps answer for my brother who's a british army colonel. he says the impact of releasing private memos, private reports from the military when they're in operations is incredibly dangerous. >> all right, go to my book -- i believe you agree with that. >> i agree with that. but go to my book and see. currently, our government, every year declares 16 million things top secret. 16 million. i would say that's about everything. so what do we get to know about? >> but my point -- >> my point is when they're abusing what's secret by classifying everything they do the public can't see? read what -- read in the back of the book what some of the great founders of this country said about secretive governments. >> did you believe it was in the public interest that wikileaks reveal, for example, that colonel gadhafi had four mistresses? >> i could careless how many
9:33 pm
women colonel gadhafi has. >> but is it in the public interest to reveal that information? >> i don't know. it's gossip. it doesn't bother me. >> but when you were the governor, you hated that kind of gossip against you and your family. in fact, you detested the media that spread that kind of gossip. >> they didn't spread gossip about my family. >> your son, right? >> they trumped up charges. >> that kind of family gossip, private life stuff, isn't that where the line should be drawn with wikileaks? why do you support everything they put out. you were so so vie call about any private material coming out about you. >> okay, then why is it okay for our -- why is it okay for them to expose my private stuff? >> i'm not saying it is, but if you felt strongly that your private life was your private life, however badly you -- >> somebody had to have write about it, didn't they? what you're at here is a classic example of killing the messen r messenger, not the message. if it wasn't written in the
9:34 pm
first place, there would be no message, would there. so somebody wrote it to begin with. shouldn't they be the ones -- the ones who put americans in danger. >> when you report to your government around the world -- wait, wait, let me finish. >> it's a sad shape when diplomats have to sit and lie, when they have to write things that people aren't allowed to read and if they do read, they take offense to. i would say that's part of the big problems in the world today. . >> which sort of lies in wikileaks. >> i don't know. >> you just said they were lie. >> i didn't say they were lying. >> you said it's a sad day when dip rats are lying. >> when they're saying bad things about other people. they wrote it. all it was was exposed. >> they may not be lies. >> you figure, let government keep everything secret. somebody in government has deemed this top secret, so
9:35 pm
therefore hands off, because we don't dare know a thing -- >> don't put words in my mouth. >> that's what you're doing to me. >> i started the debate by asking you when you were a navy seal, do you believe a number of private reports should have stayed private. >> only until after the ops is over. when the op is over, you can go public with all you want. >> really? you think it's good for the world to know exactly how the navy seals conduct their covert operations around the world. >> they already know. >> would you agree if the cia discovered tomorrow if they knew osama bin laden was, he should be assassinated? >> no. >> what about gadhafi? >> no. >> you don't care? >> no. i think they should be arrested and tried in a court of law. since when do -- what are we in the wild west? do we just go out and people we don't like, we kill them. everyone is willing to be killed. >> jesse, with respect, isn't that exactly what navy seals do all the time? >> no.
9:36 pm
we're at war. >> we're at war with osama bin laden. >> we are? >> aren't we? we'll taking a quick break. we'll continue this when we come back. to increase its profile is sculpted for optimal aerodynamics... it reduces wind resistance, in an irresistible sort of way the all-new ford focus with up to 40 miles per gallon highway oh!
9:37 pm
[ both slurping ] ♪ [ female announcer ] the irresistible taste of cinnamon toast crunch. crave those crazy squares.
9:38 pm
that the new focus can it virtually park itself.ve till you actually see it... park itself. the all-new ford focus with class-exclusive active park assist. i don't have to leave my desk and get up and go to the post office anymore.
9:39 pm
>> i'm back with my special guest jesse ventura who is on, put it mildly, fine form.
9:40 pm
>> i've been in mexico for four months and had nobody to talk to. >> glad it could be me. you want to be president of the united states. you were doing very well as governor of minnesota. >> there's already a movement out there, grassroots right now that wants me for president. >> okay, so let's take it one step forward, maybe three steps forward. you're president of the united states. and you've had an attack like 9/11 happen on your watch. and the whole country, in fact, the world is desperate for this not to happen again. and you capture three, four people who you absolutely believe from all intelligence, not just yours, but every other country involved are senior al qaeda terrorists. >> kind of like curveball? >> wait, wait. actively plotting to commit similar atrocities but they don't want to talk. how do you get out of them? >> you just have to do what you can to get it out of them, but torture is not the answer. why do you think we don't allow
9:41 pm
it in a court of law? because if you're being tortured, you're going to say anything to stop the torture. it has no credibility to it. and i'll counter you with this -- we had a terrorist attack in oklahoma city. many people thought there were more involved than timothy mcveigh and nichols, the two guys. why didn't we water board them? why weren't they water boarded so we could find out what they knew, could find out whether more attacks were looming? was there more conspirators in this? how come? >> so you think it's inconsistent? >> i think it's very inconsistent. i think the only people who get water board reasonable doubt people of the muslim faith because nobody else is getting water boarded. why didn't we water board mcveigh and nichols. w we had them. in fact, we put one to death and the other is in prison for life. why didn't we water board them to find out what they knew? what do you think of guantanamo bay --
9:42 pm
>> you're not answering my questions. >> i'm not answering any questions. >> it's a good question. >> remember the dynamic of the interview. i'm interviewing you. it's your views i'm trying to get. >> remember, i've been in your seat. it's hard. >> what do you think of guantanamo bay? >> i think it's atrocious. i think it's awful. i'm so disappointed that barack obama didn't close it. in a court of law, every one of these guys is going to walk, because anything gotten by torture is inadmissible. we are a supposed civilized nation who should not stoop to that regardless of whatever the results would be. because if you stoop to that level, you can never get back what you have. >> jesse, a remarkable thing has just happened. i agree with you. let's move on. do you believe president obama is a puppet of the cia as you've suggested. >> a puppet of the cia? i didn't suggest that.
9:43 pm
>> let me play a clip to you. >> what's your saying barack obama was a cia agent. >> he's what they call ed a cia asset. he was enrolled in the early 1980s by the head of the trilateral commission, and mr. obama had been preidentified as one of their candidates to be u.s. president. >> now, did you look at my face there. that was a face of stunned. so when you're asking me do i believe that? this is this guy telling me this. >> let me tell you my face. what? the hell are you talking about, you idiot, is what i would have said to this guy. >> no. you have a tv show to do. you can't be calling guests idiots. >> you can.
9:44 pm
>> ushdnyou shouldn't. your style is different than mine. >> you awe loued this crack pot on your show to spout complete nonsense. >> crack pot? it's an entertainment show. >> entertainment? >> yes. >> it's also very dangerous. >> we just use reality. it's dangerous? >> you let this guy spout off that president obama is a member of the cia. >> can you say he's not. >> yes! he's not! >> never was. >> he's not. >> how do you know that? >> call it a gut feeling, jesse. >> when george w. was looking for a vice president -- >> we'll be back. why the tsa wants to do you in. e are switching from tylenol® to advil. here's one story. my name is jose. i'm from california and i'm a messenger and deliver all over the place. so there's times i'm just climbing in and out of the van, feel your hands hurting, you feel your back hurting. i used to take tylenol. i switched to advil. been using it ever since.
9:45 pm
and when the pain is gone and you feel good and you feel healthy... work or pleasure, i can go on with my life. [ male announcer ] make the switch. take action. take advil®.
9:46 pm
breaking news tonight on "360" imam alabady is now in
9:47 pm
riding. she gives an sbrer interview. her courage will inspire you. rad radioactive water being dump intoed pacific. officials say they have no choice. our expert says otherwise. we are. >> keeping them honest. also this dog stranded at sea for weeks after the tsunami rescued on friday, now reunited with his family.
9:48 pm
now, jesse, we've had a lot of lively discussion here. >> and we're still smiling at each other. we can get along and have lively discussions. >> absolutely right. tell me about your battle with the tsa. well, it's still in co.
9:49 pm
it's with homeland security and janet napolitano, the head. i brought a federal lawsuit against them on the fourth amendment, the bill of rights. and i do this as an individual. >> what do you object to? >> i object to the fact that i have metal in my body and therefore i could go through the metal detector naked and it's going to pull it off. >> you have a titanium hip implant implant. >> yeah, which sets off the metal detectors. which means i'm subjected to further searches. and the man in san diego is completely correct. if they give you the body search, it is a sexual assault on the street. you would be charged with a crime on the street. and my belief, i'm suing -- it's all -- you can get it on the internet, my whole complaint. it's only for me. i ask for no money, all i ask for them is to stop. do not search me anymore,
9:50 pm
because i believe that the fourth amendment, the key word is reasonable. >> should nobody be searched? >> no, i'm saying only me. >> who would you search? >> you asked me about my court case. >> why just you? >> because of who i am. it is reasonable to believe jesse ventura, former governor, former mayor, six-year navy veteran, poses any threat to anyone. >> do you believe in profiling? >> yeah. >> who would you search? describe the person to me. >> well, first -- i don't know. >> well, you're in charge. >> no, no no, no. >> you can't cop out. you can't say i want to be excluded. >> i'm just saying i'm suing on my behalf, no one else's. >> would you only profile muslims at airports? >> i don't know. i've never done that before. >> well, it's not like you to have no opinion. >> well, on this one i don't have one. >> why? because you're worried about being inflammatory? >> no. >> don't be a coward. >> i'm not -- you're calling me
9:51 pm
a coward? young man. i've done things that would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. >> like what? >> you cannot insult me into thinking you're going to get something out of me by calling me a coward. >> i'm not suggesting -- >> my track record, nobody goes through buds and is a coward. >> i was pointing out that your failure to answer that question may be a cowardly response because i think --i know what y think the profiling should be, you just don't want to say it in public. >> i have no problem saying it in public. have they caught anyone? >> clarify. >> have they caught anyone? >> for? >> with what they're doing at the airports. if they caught someone, it would be in the headlines, wouldn't it? so they're doing all this and they haven't caught a soul. >> but also there have been, touch wood, there have been no further uses of planes as weapons. >> right. well, they're not going to do the same thing again. how stupid would that be?
9:52 pm
>> most terrorists dot same thing again and again. do you accept, though, that in your fury against the t sachlt -- >> i have no fury against them. i just want them to stop because they're violating the fourth amendment. >> i haven't made my point. in your complaint good them actually you identify why they have such a hard job, haven't you? because you yourself have no idea who they should be profiling. you just know they should be profiling. >> no. i just don't want to answer the question. because i have a court case pending and i don't like to talk about things that could affect the court case. >> okay. you're reserving your right to silence. >> because of my court case. >> an unusual position for jesse ventura. >> when you're if federal court waiting for a judge to rule, i probably spoke too much today on it that i shouldn't have. >> excellent. we're going to take one more break, and when we come back we're going to get to you say a little bit more than you should again.
9:53 pm
9:54 pm
9:55 pm
9:56 pm
my special guest, jesse ventura. new book, "63 documents the government doesn't want you to read." i'd imagine this program could become document number 64. >> no, you know why we picked 63? >> go on. >> could have probably gotten 263. i picked 63 because that was the year they killed president kennedy. >> right. >> and i think the significance would be good. 63. >> will you ever be running for president? >> would i? you know, you never say never. i mean, i've learned that in my
9:57 pm
59 years now, that you never shut a door. do i have an inentention of running? no. not at this time. unless they want to move the white house to the baja. right now like my life down there. also, i think that if i ran for president it would be very dangerous for me and my family. >> why? >> well, because i don't believe the power structure would allow a rogue like me to get in there. because one of the things that disturbs me the most was when president obama and all these guys, whenever they come into office, the first thing they tell the public is it's time to move on. we can't look behind us anymore, no matter what's been done. we're going to move on. well, that's the government's way of covering their asses. so that anyone that's in office can do anything they want and the people that come after them, they're all part of the same system, we'll never look back or do anything to anyone that -- >> what are the other barriers to you being president, do you think? >> the fact that i -- well, i
9:58 pm
hate the fund-raising. because to me it's panhandling or bribery. if you panhandle, you say give me money so i can do this job, that's panhandling. if you give back a favor, then it's bribery. and we have an entire system built upon panhandling and bribery. >> what about religion? >> well, i have a problem there too because i've now admitted i'm an atheist and in this country of the united states, which is fascist now in my opinion, is organized religion teaming up with corporations to control the government. in the united states there's some prevailing feeling out there that because you don't believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, the easter bunny, or god, this being you can never see, it exists only in your mind, that somehow you don't have values. >> jesse ventura doesn't actually exist, of course. it's a fictitious character that you created.
9:59 pm
>> mm-hmm. >> are you going to stay with jesse ventura? >> no, i'll kill him. >> really? >> mm-hmm. >> when? >> i don't know yet. >> soon? >> but the day's coming. >> how are you going to -- >> i can't answer. >> how are you going to kill him in. >> i will disappear. >> so this might be the last interview jesse ventura gives. >> no. because i'm on the book tour. i'll be giving interviews for another 12 days. >> so the death of jesse comes in a year? >> possibly. >> and that's it. gone? >> gone. >> all over? >> all over. >> well, i'm glad to have caught you before it was too late, jesse. >> well, and then again i don't want you piers calling me a liar because i could be here 15 years from now and be the president. >> you know what? stranger things have happened. >> that's right. >> jesse ventura. >> my friend, thank you. it's been a pleasure. and like i said, you're very good at hitting buttons. >> thank you. >> i see why they hired you. >> i'll take that as a compliment. >> a candid and revealing interview with simon cowell. >> do you think it was i mistake to get rid of

204 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on