David Nelson Band Recher Theatre Towson, MD 3/13/00 Soundboard Recording Disc 1 / Set 1 01. Fable Of A Chosen One 02. Kerouac 03. Naked Eye 04. All I Need is One 05. Different World > 06. Long Gone Sam > 07. Rocky Road Blues Disc 2 / Set 1 01. Tuning 02. Ragged But I'm Right 03. Lochinvar 04. Panama Red 05. Absolutely Sweet Marie 06. Just A Season > 07. The Wheel 08. Love Medley > 09. Love Medley Cont. 10. Earl's Girls Topic: David Nelson Band Source: Soundboard Recording
(The following SBD/Matrix recordings are already offlimits by band request: 2005-05-18, 2005-05-19, 2005-05-20)
On 1/28/06, we received details about limitations:
Subject: Re: DNB on Archive- clarify scope of limited uploads?
This is mookie siegel from the david nelson band. I love your site and use it frequently! Just wanted to take the opportunity to clarify the band's policy for posting shows. Thank you!
david nelson band
The policy is:
- It is ok to post audience recordings (audience mics)
- It is NOT ok to post a soundboard or a soundboard matrixed with audience mics without obtaining prior consent from the band.
- To get permission email the band thru Scott at dnb_toastmasterATyahooDOTcom. Permission is granted in most instances.
On December 15, 2003, DNB gave permission for shows to be hosted in the Archive (after an earlier period of declining participation):
TheDNB Toastmaster wrote:
Well the DNB has changed their minds again!!! I showed them some of
the sites, groups and discussions, a few of the download tools and
the gigs of music I have, and they now want to allow music distribution
over the internet.
We have now OPTED-IN. Thanks.
Policy as of 2003
We appreciate your enthusiasm for taping and encourage it provided that you adhere to a few simple guidelines.
Our taping policy is:
1. You are permitted to receive a sound board feed to a cassette recorder if the sound equipment and circumstance permits. DAT recordings are NOT permitted off the sound board without special permission from the band. Please understand that there may be specific in-house policies against recording or other considerations at play. Our soundman will do the best he can to accomodate you. Remember that his first job is to get the band ready and sounding sharp.
2. You must use audience microphones if you want to record to DAT. We encourage tapers to go this route if they can. We think the results are preferable. We love to check out these tapes when we can to see how they turn out. Send us a dupe if you get the notion. We'd really dig it!
4. These tapes are for TRADING, SHARING, and ENJOYING. They are NOT TO BE SOLD. Please inform us if you know of someone selling our unreleased tapes.
BTW lead-in to that, on News page at
A WORD ON TAPING...
Many of you out there are enthusiastic about taping our live shows and sharing/ trading DNB tapes with other fans around the country. We are very pleased that you are enjoying the music so much that you want to keep it and share it with friends. We genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and encourage taping, provided that you adhere to a few simple guidelines. Our taping policy is posted in the TAPERS FORUM