Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  September 27, 2013 11:00pm-12:01am PDT

11:00 pm
thing about politics. >> greta: remember, five more on the records at 10:00 p.m. we'll see you again on monday. only five more at 10:00 then we're going to be at 7 this is a fox news alert. president obama delivered remarks at the white house after the senate voted to advance legislation to prevent a government shutdown. democrats succeeded in stripping that from the bill, but legislation faces an uncertain fate in the republican-controlled house. here's obama stepping up the pressure on them. >> the good news is, within the past couple of hour, the united states senate, democrats and republicans, acted responsibly by voting to keep our government open and delivering the services the american people expect. now it's up to the republicans
11:01 pm
in the house to do the same. so far, the republicans in the house of representatives have refused to move forward. the house of representatives are so concerned with appeasing the tea party that they've threatened the government shutdown or worse unless i gut or appeal the affordable care act. i said this yesterday. let me repeat it. that's not going to happen. i am willing to work with anybody who wants to have a serious conversation about our fiscal future. we're not going to do this under the threat of blowing up the entire economy. i will not negotiate over congress' responsibility to pay the bills that have already been racked up. i don't know how i can be more clear about this. nobody wants to gut the full faith and credit of the united states just to extract political considerations. >> he says he spoke on the phone earlier with president rohani of iran making the first time that
11:02 pm
leaders from both countries have directly communicated since 1979. what do you guys think about the president negotiating with the iranian president but not republicans? eric, a little bit shocking that he would open up his speech with that news. >> yes, i'm blown away. i'm flabbergasted the president made the phone call to rohani after 33 years or so. there's a reason we haven't negotiated with iran, because they're state-sponsored terrorists. they're the central bank for terrorism around the world. we all know a lot of people who died in 9/11. a lot of money funding that mission is directly tied from the 9/11 commission, directly tied to eiran, hezbollah, hamas. what a mistake. >> this is big news. quick reaction from you, greg, on revelation -- >> it tells me. i was watching, listening to president obama, how incredibly tough he was talking about the
11:03 pm
republicans. i realized that republicans want to negotiate with obama, they should put on putin masks, then he will fold like a weak card table. he talked about a crisis and he was blaming the republicans. it's like me blaming my wife for my drinking. i don't see how this is the republicans fault. he talked about deficit reduction. he was talking about how the deficit's being reduced faster in the last 60 years. that's because he's collected more taxes. that's like bragging that you paid your rent after you robbed a bank. it makes no sense. >> you think this is a little too much for president obama? he tries to control the messaging a little too much or a smart move by the white house? >> there's a couple ways to look at this. we talked about three different things here. we're talking about the iranians. the budget. on the budget deal, it seeps to me that right now the republicans are in the driver's seat. they've got obama on the defensive. if they succeed in shutting down
11:04 pm
government, we know they'll take the hit on it. the last time, they got hurt badly. do you want to mess around with the full faith and credit of the united states? that one, i'd rather see them shut the government down because that would be -- "the wall street journal" thinks the markets will fall 1,500 points in the first day. i'll tell you, this is what currencies are backed with, the dollar -- >> that's an unfair statement, what you're saying. we're not going to default. we just won't. they're not defaulting even if you don't raise the debt ceiling. what it is, president obama sounding the alarm, scaring the crap out of the american people. saying if you don't raise the debt feeling, we're going to default. >> how do you do it? >> and president obama has no problem printing money. >> absolutely. >> what do you think the goal of republicans are? because of course there's two issues. funding the government. that involves the defunding of
11:05 pm
obama care. but also raising the debt ceiling. >> i think their goal is to do what they said they're going to do or which is stop obama care on both fronts. now the goal is going to be which actually has been the goal for a long time, is to get some concession on the individual mandate or on the delay when it companies to -- or on the exemption that congress gets from obama care. going back to what president obama was saying real quickly, i want to compare how long the phone call that president obama made to john boehner last week was to the phone call that he made to the iranian president. i'm wondering which one was longer. it's funny that -- and the same statement he made when he's talking about republicans and the iranians, he's talking to republicans through the television. he said, if any of you are watching this, you need to think about who you're hurting. so instead of sitting down with him at a table, he's instead talking to them through a television screen while he's on the phone with the iranian president. >> you spent hours with boehner last year -- >> it's a different year.
11:06 pm
>> yes, but they've tried to have these conversations and both sides are being, think, not very reasonable. >> that's not exactly fair. last tie around, boehner conceded. he had an angry conference on his hand. one of which is you support, which is the keystone pipeline. they're also talking about a delay of the individual mandate. i actually changed my mind. i think the president will take them up on that offer and then blame republicans for denying people health care. that aside, what do you think republicans should go for? >> i think they should focus on the individual mandate. if the employees at a restaurant don't want to eat at their restaurant, why should you? if there's an "f" on the door, you don't go into that restaurant. that's what they're saying. there should be a rider on the debt ceiling that says politicians should be forced to
11:07 pm
take their own medicine. not just public health but also public education. they got to put their kids in public school. >> on the budget? >> on the budget, sorry. they got to put their kids into public school. they would become libertarian faster than you could say iran. >> you make a good point here. they keep focusing on obama care which is not going to happen. you probably could get other things. the keystone pipeline. one or two other things. to keep the focus on obama care when it is clear they're not going to get it and then take the threat of shutting down the government when they probably can get two or three other -- >> nobody has threatened to shut down the government. that is a talking point from the left. >> that president obama -- >> yes, president obama has threatened. only threatening the government shutdown comes from the left. the republicans in the house and the senate have been saying we will fund every single thing in the entire government except for obama care. you get everything else except for obama care. and it's ridiculous that we're at this point when 77% of people
11:08 pm
want the individual mandate delay. when a majority of people want keystone and have wanted it for a long time. we have to come to a debt ceiling negotiation to get those. >> what do you mean, we are going to have a shutdown. >> republicans aren't saying we want to shut the government down. >> the reason why bob's right, there will be a government shutdown once they get a resolution signed and they're not going to get it. i'll explain that in one second. they didn't do that the first time around. the house didn't separate obama care or attach it to at least something else where they can say we'll pass all these other things and not pass this one yet. then you had a game. you had an argument as a republican. here's why this thing i think is shut down for the first time ever, ever could possibly happen. the house republicans, tea party guys, even boehner now, they have to address obama care. harry reid in the senate, let's say they do, then that house bill, that senate bill that went to the house, gets fixed. address obama care.
11:09 pm
they send it back to the senate. harry reid categorically said, if you touch that bill, it's a no. and they have the votes for no. >> there were 17 days in the '90s where they were shut down. they filled in and got money from here and there. >> fair enough. mean in recent tyimes, like the last few times -- >> 2005 seems like a recent time. >> i think it's the point of many conservative commentators who have taken heat for not supporting the defunding effort. this time around, they haven't. that means that veterans, as you heard the president say, veterans won't be getting their checks. seniors won't be getting their checks. it's an emotional argument to scare the american public. will it work? >> listen, i don't think there's any doubt. all the polls running against obama in either single way, the exception, by the way, obama, people don't like it, it do not want to see the government shut down because of it, the funding
11:10 pm
of it. i think there's going to be a deal. they get ride to the -- >> how do you do it though? >> i think what andrea said. you give the pipeline. it seeps that would be a victory. you leave obama care. the whole reason with this, he said he would take a look at it. >> that's my point. the caucus will probably not -- if you're leaving obama care in, a whole group -- >> take obama care out. >> no, leave obama care in the senate bill. even throw in all the other goodies. >> there is an apocalyptic view to this which is appealing. the only way to kill big government is to let it kill
11:11 pm
itself. right now, the government is approaching fat elvis during the years in the '70s right before he croaked on the toilet seat. basically obama care is a huge tray of bacon and banana sandwiches. >> as it happened to elvis. that was very well put. >> we are running out of people -- running out of people to support this kind of program. >> "the wall street journal" had an interesting art will. if you all believe what you believe about obama care. i don't. it will fall on its own. >> that is my feeling -- >> why do you want to have this battle -- >> the argument behind it that very rarely or ever has that happen, even the worst government program still exists. that stuff is still there. >> why is why the republicans who make the argument to not shut down the government, that actually has worked. like in the uk when the trash piled up. people were really angry. they ran out of money.
11:12 pm
this is how you enact change. i agree with letting it collapse. i don't think they should push for the individual mandate. let the democrats own it. let them defend it. enact, change and win. >> if they play it on the budget, i don't agree with it, it it's one thing. the debt ceiling is a serious, serious issue. >> it is serious. >> people will dump bonds. there's a lot involved. >> again, no. >> you say no. >> it's all the fearmongering going on. >> well, it's coming out of "wall street journawall street. they're the ones saying it. >> i think in the end -- >> they don't think it. nicole was reporting live from the street and they said they don't believe it's going to happen. i'll going to play a sound bite, cruz reacting to the president. >> the good news is the process isn't other. it's going to go back to the
11:13 pm
house of representatives. i salute the house for having the courage to stand up and fight and defund obama care and i remain confident, hopeful and optimistic the house will stand their ground, will continue the fight. which means this issue will come back to the senate. after the house stands their ground yet again, we will have an opportunity for republicans to come home. >> katie, i don't want to speak for cruz but it sounds like he likes greg's analogy of fat elvis on the toilet ready to o.d. >> we're at this position right now because we have too much debt. i really think people are getting sick of having this news sickle every single year from congress, from the washington bubble, right down to the wire, not running things like everyday families and businesses do and they're sick of it. >> let's try -- it's hard, i know it is, to separate these two things out. it's really important. it's entirely different things. look, i watched the government
11:14 pm
when it was shut down for 17 days. the republicans lost about five points a day in the polls. if you've got a chance to increase your margins, and do better because of obama care, why in the world do you want to put yourself in that position? >> you are not even going to do it. ted cruz, he's right, let the republican senators come home. mcconnell. there's 23 republican senators. >> how can you not have a budget? >> it doesn't matter. my point is he's talking right now. let these 23 senators come home and vote on the side. they'll still lose because they don't have enough votes. it's all getting people in the right position. >> i'm a firm believer -- >> why would 23 republican senators vote in favor of cloture when knowing very well it didn't even matter which way they voteded? very strange. >> good question. i think the winning piece for
11:15 pm
republicans would be to send that bill back. let harry reid deal with the bill with the pipeline and stripping congress of those subsidies and ask either member of congress three questions, did you vote for obama care, do you support the subsidies and will you be enrolling in obama care? make them go on record. i bet you'd find republicans who are taking those subsidies as well. >> i tell you one thing, you don't want to go out there and campaign. you could campaign against obama care, that's an asset. you're also having to defend yourself. that seems to take away the asset from you. i don't get it. >> all right, bob gets the last word. ahead on "the five," we're going to talk more about the president's phone call today with the president of iran. first, the white house is ranting up its rhetoric for republicans, using wild words to attack them over the budget standoff. >> negotiating with people, an extortion game -- >> to try to blackmail a
11:16 pm
president -- >> we have a lot to say about that. and later, an emotional good-bye at yankee stadium for pitcher mariano rivera last night. we'll show you the highlights. ♪ [ villain ] well mr. baldwin... it appears our journey has come to a delightful end. then i better use the capital one purchase eraser to redeem my venture miles for this trip. purchase eraser? it's the easy way to erase any recent travel expense. i just pick a charge, like my flight with a few taps, it's taken care of. impressive baldwin. does it work for hotels? absolutely thank goodness. mrs. villain and i are planning our... you scare me. and i like it. let's go what's in your wallet?
11:17 pm
11:18 pm
11:19 pm
11:20 pm
president obama promised to usher in a new era of civility in our political discourse. we should make sure that, quote, talk to each other in ways that will not wound, close quote. i thought, mr. president, if you and your fellow democrats are heeding your advice. here is the president's very own adviser for strategic communications, jay carney, nancy pelosi and the president himself. >> we're not forcing -- >> what we cannot do is agree to
11:21 pm
it's an extortion game. >> for many of them, i call them legislatist arsonists. >> the modern day anarchists known as the tea party, they believe in no government. >> -- on issues that had nothing to do with the budget. >> so republicans are extortionists, arsonists, anarchi anarchists, blackmailers. talks the talk and then walks a different walk. i would call him the divider in chief. >> those are the kinds of discussions you have when nobody else is around. i'm sure the republicans -- the one with pfeiffer on that bomb strapped -- thing, i me, don't look to me to defend it. i defend as much as i possibly can but some days i feel like -- that's the kind thing we don't need. if we're trying to get something resolve here. that one bothered me.
11:22 pm
>> he said we need to usher in a new era of discourse in politics. >> heed his own advice. >> i like heated rhetoric. what happened before, we used to actually kill each other. they're attacking each other. we talked about the rhetoric they were using. there was read rick earlier by a lefty who compared the critics of this to the nazis that would dominate the continent of europe. comparing critics of obama care to appeasers. that left us with ted cruz. so we can't be hypocrites here. the problem with republicans and conservatives, is we attack each other. >> in fairness, i'm sure ted cruz didn't say we need to usher
11:23 pm
in a new era of civil politics. >> dan pfeiffer for me probably the most concerning at all because he is the communications adviser. what's the strategy? >> the strategy is if you can't defend the policy, just pick crazy words to call republicans and hope it works. it actually has worked to some degree. you lock at the ratings, the approval ratings of the tea party, and they're really not that good. they're trying to get jobs created through a keystone pipeline. they're trying to shrink government. release the burden on the backs of the american people caused by their spending. trying to delay a bill that 55% americans don't like. what is so bad about that? what warrants that kind of language? >> can i respond? it's a good point but that rhetoric is coming from jou journalists which is worse. the hateful rhetoric that comes
11:24 pm
from people who are supposed to be objective. when somebody from "the new york times" or the "washington post" is saying this stuff, that's different, that's offensive, that's wrong. >> don't you think that's why though? it work during the playbook of the 2012 campaign. >> can i also point out that the democrat senator from maryland, paul reid, tea baggers -- >> i think it's interesting that people like reid and pelosi said the tea party was dead and yet they're still talking about the tea party. i also want to remind the viewers that they endorsed the occupy wall street movement which is actually full of anarchists and yet they don't embrace people who want to create jobs. they're anarchists on the floor of the house because they want
11:25 pm
to -- >> it is a law, okay. >> can i roll this really quick? i'll let you respond. >> i think the only phrase that describes it is political terrorism. and now you want to threaten to not only shut down our government, but to blow up the world economy unless we go back and undo what we did a cording to the processes of our democracy? how dare you. >> how dare you. come on, bob. >> how dare you try to undue the process. don't try to do it by stealth. and they are. there are some of these people in the house, are just so far right that they refuse to recognize what they're about to do. >> al gore completely lied about climate change in an effort to make money. >> it was a process he went through. you didn't like it, you didn't win, but that is the law of the
11:26 pm
land. >> so blowing things up are only okay in the name of the environment? i guess that's okay. real quick, that senator who made the comment about tea baggers, i just -- can i give a little advice to the old man on capitol hill? stop saying tea bagger. ask your younger staffers what it means. thank you, just my two cents. >> i know what it is. >> google it. >> next on "the five," some big news from president obama today. he spoke on the phone with the president of iran. we have lots to say about that. later, the material girl has released what could be her strangie isist video yet. something that's too hard to describe so we'll just show you parts we can.
11:27 pm
11:28 pm
11:29 pm
11:30 pm
11:31 pm
♪ look out baby 'cause here i come ♪ ♪ get ready the president is making some big news. just a short while ago, mr. obama said he spoke to iranian president hasan rohani on the phone today. the call was 15 minutes long. here's president obama earlier. >> just now, i spoke on the phone with president rohani of the islamic republic of iran. the two of us discussed our ongoingest esfforts to reach a agreement over iran's nuclear program. i reiterated to president rohani what i said in new york. while there will surely be important obstacles to moving forward and success is by no means guaranteed, i believe we can reach a comprehensive solution. >> now, andrea, we thought this
11:32 pm
meeting would maybe happen in new york city during the u.n. why do you think it happened today? >> i think time is on the side of the iranian president. i think he wants to drag his heels and he figured he can better manipulate things if he's on the phone. i think this is exactly what they wanted. the whole reason we're having this conflict in syria is because putin wants to take iranian oil and channel that oil up to europe. that's the missing piece. we never hear that story from the media. the eiranians are not going to concede any type of control. he's not going to change his mind. this is just getting played. the president yet again. bob, when it comes to iran, isn't this is issue about whether the new president can be trusted? why do you think he's reaching out now? it has been a while, 1979.
11:33 pm
>> it's a tough act to follow. i was in tehran in 1979 with the last congressional delegation there and bakteria had just been installed as the president and there were people outside our hotel room saying "death to americans." the problem is is we've had three generations of iranians who have come to really hate the united states. the persians used to be a pretty strong -- my on problem with people who say don't talk to him, what are we going to do, put our head in the sand, just let this thing go? >> because they're terrorists and they found terrorism around the world. >> the reason why no one had spoken to them for the last 33 years is because they sponsored hezbollah, hamas, the palestinians. al qaeda. 9/11. the last time anyone spoke to the iranians was when ronald reagan said, i've just been
11:34 pm
elect and you better let our hostages go or we're going to level you, and they let -- >> that's not exactly historical -- >> can i point out one more thing. iran, 4 million barrels of oil a day they pump out. they are a boatload of petrel dollars fighting -- >> most of the dollars come from saudi arabia. >> that's the question, can they be trusted. so i do think we have some sound here of president obama talking about more of that phone call. >> iran's supreme court has issued a fatwa against the development of nuclear weapons. president rohani has indicated iran will never develop nuclear weapons. i've made clear we respect the right of the iranian people to access peaceful nuclear energy in the context of iran meeting its obligations. the test will be meaningful, transparent and verifiable actions whichan comprehensive
11:35 pm
international sanctions currently in place. >> do you think the fatwa's a just -- >> right, i admire president obama's ability to trust strangers. gee whiz. you got to hand it to him. obama speaks softly and he carries an i-pod of his even speeches which is good. the agreement is we're going to have nukes and you're going to agree to it. that's it. we know that's going to happen. what else can happen? >> maybe republicans should get nukes and the president will talk to them. >> maybe you don't have a fifth person on this show. because i got a call from the justice department say, we've got to stop doing this with muslims. >> you launched fatwas against everybody. >> i don't want a fatwa launched against me. >> you're an american. >> too late for that. >> all right, directly ahead on again. this time, larunching what she calls the revolution. the new bizarre campaign.
11:36 pm
11:37 pm
11:38 pm
11:39 pm
11:40 pm
some things get better with age. and then there's madonna. >> people all over the world are suffering. and people afraid. what happens when peep are afraid? they become intol rent. >> because no one asks for it, madge offers a 17 minute film dedicated to anyone who suffered from persecution. and if you have to ask why, then you'll never understand the mind of a faded pop star. >> i keep telling everyone that i want to start a revolution but
11:41 pm
no one is taking me seriously. if i had black skin and an afro, would you take me seriously? if i was an arab waving a hand grenade, would you take me seriously? >> somebody get that poor man some medicine. unlike those who fight truly intolerant things throughout the world, she's really the lone brave voice in the wilderness stand up against evil. she does it her way. pseudo artsy film featuring dribble. it's so bad it's bad. look. >> we live in a very scary time. or should i say we don't live at all. >> oh, the suffering. i'm glad she cares. she cares so much that she makes me root for not caring. she trivializes suffering by making it about her. which is nothing new. it's how the cool con tap nate real concern. to they, the world's a denny's buffet of suffering, one they load up on when they're hungry
11:42 pm
for attention. tolerance but never terrorism. tolerance is the jumbo shrimp and terrorism is the coleslaw. no one ever touches the coleslaw. if you worry about victims of prosecution, she should worry about all of us who must endure that film. in her world, we are the tortured and she the torturer. it makes me miss those pointy bras. i own them. >> that thing looked like a scene out of "one flew over the cuck cuckoo's nest." >> it was interesting. it could have been performance art or it could have been dribble. >> or it could have been a mon taj of every one of her videos of her entire career. the whip. the fish net stockings. i'm having flashbacks to the "erotica" albums. she's doing throwbacks to i guess make herself relevant. the rosary, the deep thoughts, the faux british accent.
11:43 pm
she's be so much better if she just retired. >> was she the one with the pointed br eed bra? >> that was her. >> the one just showed. >> is that what it was? she hounds up now, man. >> hounds up? >> yeah. >> all right. hey, katie. i've never heard that phrase before. when she says -- she talks about an arab with a grenade. she talks about having an afro. i don't understand any of it. >> i was really confused about this. i was watching it, not understanding what the whole point was. if she wants to talk about real retch luci revolution, guess she's talking about what happens when you throw grenades. the people in china and people in north korea who are actually being persecuted in the world aren't seeing this video because they're not allowed to. >> by the way -- >> that's good. >> i was saying --
11:44 pm
>> you're still in shock. >> monologue, denny's buffet? they have a buffet? >> yes, sometimes they do. >> i call it a buffet on eggo. who wants 17 minutes of madonna? >> madonna does. >> is there a market for 17 minute videos out there? >> with no music either. >> there wasn't music? >> there was no music. it was a nonmusic video. >> that's genius. >> now that is just ego. >> you're right, five minutes. fine. but 17 minutes -- >> i don't think -- >> maybe other countries but not here. she's trying to copy miley and miley's trying to copy her. the era of madonna is over. >> wow. all right. >> all righty then. >> there's an argument that celebrities stop growing mentally the moment they reach
11:45 pm
stardom and then they -- everything goes away. that's good, because i didn't get into this until i was 40. all right, cheers and jeers at yankees stadium which i believe is in new york last night for super star relief pitcher mariano rivera. highlights from his emotional exit next on "the five."
11:46 pm
11:47 pm
11:48 pm
11:49 pm
mariano rivera, number 43. ♪ >> that was just what it was like when eric bolling walked away from the last game. that was legendary relieve pitcher mariano rivera. at yankee stadium last night. an emotional end to his 19 year baseball -- i can't read very well. after get the yankees out of an
11:50 pm
it's act inning jam against the tampa bay rays, rivera broke down in tears. >> what are you doing to miss most? >> what i'm going to miss is the competition, you know, being, that's okay, i can watch from the house. >> some consider hip the greatest reliever of all time. let me ask my baseball there will never be another mariano rivera. if you watch the clip on mlb, it was extremely emotional. andy pettitte went out there. >> i was bawling like a baby. i was emotional. the guy's the best ever. >> tell me just -- i know you don't care about rivera that much. what was his biggest accomplishment? >> most saves ever. whatever -- he was so consistent.
11:51 pm
the yankees were up in the eighth inning by a run or two, you were winning the game. he had so few blown saves, it's incredible. >> you're a yankee fan, aren't you? >> no, i'm a phillies fan. but i went to a yankee game once, and i got the whole history on mariano rivera. he puts the other team to sleep. the history of rivera is unbelievable. even if you're not a yankee or a baseball fan, you have to appreciate the tradition. he gets respect from fans and philly fans, i thought it was very cool the way they sent him off. >> thank you for loaning me your yankee tickets. >> do you know what his real name is? >> arc rivers. little geraldo joke. he's been with the same woman and he doesn't go to strip clubs
11:52 pm
or dogfights. he's an old-school athlete who keeps his exploits on the field and leads a pretty normal, good life off the field. >> living the american dream. i don't think it's over for him. i doubt he'll be watching these games from the house. i think he'll be coming back to the stadium and watch a couple of games. >> i've never been a yankee fan. but i've watched him and he's unbelievable. "one more thing" is up next.
11:53 pm
11:54 pm
11:55 pm
test test
11:56 pm
it's time now for "one more thing." gutfeld? >> tomorrow, 11:00 p.m., brand-new show. there's me. i looked better back then. 11:00 p.m. eastern. on top of that, you're going to get a fan praise. that's it. bob's not even looking. i just banned hounds up. >> you did? >> i did. >> don't do that. you liked it -- >> i've never heard it before. >> it was very good. >> jimmy fallon got together
11:57 pm
with big bird and elmo and the cookie monster into a dining room -- dressing room and created one of the happiest moments we've ever seen. ♪ can you tell me how to get to sesame street ♪ ♪ how to get to sesame street >> having a bad day? that's how to fix it. >> communists, all of them! >> impeach obama. >> teach your kids all about communism. >> you have to see fallon when he's not on a show, when he's prowling the streets of midtown after a few drinks. that's not sesame street. >> hounds up. >> tomorrow, we're going to hit on bloated government. we've been called an arco capitalist. i'm not sure about that. talking about how obama is destroying an american industry.
11:58 pm
>> 138 coal plants have shut down since he's been in office and even more will shut down within the decade because of epa regulations. what i don't understand are all of these unemployed coal workers who are trying to feed their families, just supposed to take comfort in the fact that their jobs were killed for regulation that doesn't even work? >> we're also going to have the head of state of a european union country. tune in. >> why don't you let trapper john speak? >> there's a thing called barea pasta. here's what the brilliant chairman of that company said, quote, i would never do a commercial with a homosexual family, not for a lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. ours is a classic family where
11:59 pm
the woman plays a fundamental role. if gays like our pasta and our advertising, they'll eat our pasta. if they don't like it, then they will not eat it. very good for you. >> okay. >> i didn't go yet. >> imagine being in a relationship and your partner asking you to do something 300 times before they'll propose. bob, get your mind out of the gutter. that's what happened to stephanie smith. her boyfriend said if she makes him 300 sandwiches, he'll propose. those are some of her sandwiches. she started a blog called 300 sandwiches. she's about 194 sandwiches away from getting that diamond. would you ever do that? >> i can't cook. no, i think if you have to make sandwiches to get a ring -- you should do good things for your man, but -- >> i don't either. i don't think i would do that.
12:00 am
>> that's it for us on "the five." thanks for watching. see you back here on monday. "special report" up next. welcome to "red eye." due to andy levy's tragic death attempting a wheelly in a bumper car there is no pre game report. squeal a -- we will go to our guest. she is so hot sunscreen wears her to the d beach. she always laughs. and filling in for andy levy is dimitri cosmopolous, his new show premieres next week. and he is heckled boyan insects. it is bill schulz.lz. and his

154 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on