Skip to main content

tv   Tucker Carlson Tonight  FOX News  September 16, 2019 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
>> martha: that is the story of monday september 16, 2019. as the always "the story" goes on. we will see you back here tomorrow night at 7:00. tucker carlson coming up next from d.c. good night, everybody. ♪ ♪ ♪ >> tucker: good evening and welcome to "tucker carlson tonight." believe it or not, it was a year ago this book that a constellation of left wing activist groups cooked up a series of outlandish lies designed to keep brett kavanaugh off the supreme court. the national news media as you will remember joined the smear campaign. they repeated and magnified the slurs. but in the end it was to no effect. dolphin was confirmed any way. why? because not a single allegation against him turned out to be true, not one. and so they their only lasting effect was to traumatize brett kavanaugh's wife and children. yet, the left never to this
5:01 pm
day apologized for their dishonesty or their profound cruelty nor did they accept defeat. they never do accept defeat. why? because when politics is your religion, acknowledging reality looks like sin and so it continues. over the weekend the "new york times" revived the attacks on brett kavanaugh. the newspaper ran a story excerpt from a book written by two of its reporters that claimed that while in college for than 30 years ago kavanaugh exposed himself in effect to another student while drunk at a party. the flimsiest kind of charge. where did it come from? it came second hand from a single classmate of kavanaugh's a man who worked as left wing activist, later worked for the clintons, in fact of course 20 years ago no credible news organization would have run a story like that on the basis of that sourcing. the "times" didn't hesitate and was picked up everywhere. of course instantly and ntsb's cable channel for example they immediately denounced brett kavanaugh as a gang rapist. >> i have never heard of a guy who is a one time
5:02 pm
rapist. i never heard of a guy one time sexual assaulters. i grew up with guys like this. he is the fifth guy in the gang rape. comes in everyone else encourages. he has been covered his entire life. >> amazed me we have an administration out of the millions of people who are qualified in this country of all races and genders they consistently find men who beat, abuse and sexually assault women. >> tucker: imagine saying something like that about somebody when there is no evidence that it's true and a lot of evidence that it's not. they didn't hesitate. democratic presidential candidates meanwhile demanded that kavanaugh be removed by force immediately from the supreme court. watch this. >> what's become clear is that he should be impeached. the house absolutely has the ability to impeach him. >> and do you believe then that he is essentially a sexual predator or that he was at some point? >> yeah. i believe -- i believe that he engaged in the conduct that was described. >> and given the fact that it appears as though brett
5:03 pm
kavanaugh lied under oath which is a crime, i think that he has disqualified himself for service on the supreme court and he should step down or he should be impeached. >> tucker: a sexual predator who must be impeached. okay. but, wait, here's a late breaking edition to this story. it turns out that the woman that this supposedly happened to, the alleged victim back at yale more than 30 years ago, it turns out that person has no memory whatsoever of the incident. huh? now the paper knew that but somehow neglected to include it in their account. probably because it strongly suggests their story is once again a total crock. yet another lie. they should have told you that and they didn't. they are dishonest, of course. you would think it would spur the democratic candidates the ones who called for kavanaugh's impeachment to rethink their positions. new evidence? maybe that would shape their view. but, no. not at all. they sound exactly as they did a year ago.
5:04 pm
remember. this there is no presumption of innocence or guilt when you have a nominee before you. >> we have a constitutional duty to get to the bottom of these allegations judge brett kavanaugh has a responsibility to come forward with evidence to rebut them. >> kavanaugh who is seeking a lifetime appointment to the supreme court and who i think now bears the burden of disproving these allegations rather than dr. ford and ms. rams. >> to those ohio hearsay over and over this isn't fair to judge kavanaugh. he is entitled to due process. what about the presumption 6 innocent until proven guilty? he is not entitled to those because we are not actually seeking to convict him. >> tucker: we're not trying to convict him we are trying to destroy him and his family no. due process or presumption of innocence, fairness, irrelevant. whatever they tell you don't let them tell that you justice has any role in this, of course. this is a pure power grab. the left feels entitled to run the country truly
5:05 pm
entitled to it and they feel entitled to control the supreme court. they don't and it drives them crazy. kavanaugh frustrates their political hopes so any smear against them is acceptable no matter what it is. don't kid yourself. it's not just about destroying brett kavanaugh. he is ancillary. it's about destroying the entire legitimacy of our third branch of government the judiciary. plenty on the left are using the saga packing the court, adding more justices to make it reliably left wing or to change the rules so they can remove any judge the left doesn't approve of. this is the opposite of what the third branch was meant to do or be. the judiciary was meant to change slowly, the courts change decades rather in response to a single election cycle. that's the way it was designed and for a reason and for more than 200 years it's worked. but to the modern left it's totally intolerable. they are committed to remaking this country completely right now newark needs a new system they tell us, one with open borders
5:06 pm
and far fewer pesky individual rights. rights like the freedom to speak clearly, out loud. the freedom of expression. the right to bear arms. the freedom of religion. no, to create this new you to be i can't of obedient happy surfs. they have to destroy all of that two centuries of precedent and tradition. maybe even destroy the country itself. whatever. they are happy to do it. as spee noted when you make omelets you break eggs. ryan joins us tonight. thank you for coming on. you spent a year thinking about, this reporting on it. were you, nevertheless, surprised by the shoddiness of the story the "times" printed. >> i was surprised by the shoddiness of it. i was also in some ways warning this was part of a larger pattern. a pattern of not disclosing what actually is going on here. it's not simply enough that the "new york times" had to run a correction, a correction that explained precisely what actually went on here. a correction that said that the woman who is alleged to
5:07 pm
have been the victim has been telling folks that she wasn't a victim. that she hasn't been able to confirm this story for these "new york times" reporters for more than a year. it's also about their failure to disclose their own personal relationship with the story. this is personal for these two women that have covered this story. robin, one of the reporters, is a classmate of brett kavanaugh's. i think that's hugely important because that's something that wasn't disclosed in this excerpt from their book yet it's the whole reason. she was a classmate of yale of brett kavanaugh's and yet the story that we are talking about didn't disclose that? >> correct. that's really interesting because she was undergraduate there at the same time and that's her whole authority for writing this book with the "new york times." you know, she is not a legal reporter. she is a culture reporter. the way she is approaching this is because of her personal relationships with those in the yale community at the same time kavanaugh was there. >> tucker: remarkable. the story itself sounds a lot like the three or four other different allegations that we heard at great
5:08 pm
length a year ago in that there is no evidence whatsoever that it's true. none right. >> one of the important parts trading up the chain just the way allegations did last year. looking back to last july, christine blasey ford, the first primary accuser came forward and when she first tried to get the attention of "the washington post" by an encrypted app. they didn't pay attention to her. then she threatened to go to the times. immediately it spread online it spread through a blog the intercept an allegation alleging an i want. then senator feinstein came through and said yes i have heard of that and now referred it on. after that point reporters like me in the national press didn't bother looking into the truth or the falsity of the matter. they simply decided well, is this going to help him? is it going to hurt him? how is it going to effect him? they never ever bothered looking into the truth of matter. >> tucker: repeated by people paid to look deeply into stories and assess whether they're true or not. they didn't do that. >> that's correct. really one of the new phenomenon null that supreme
5:09 pm
court justice are going to experience for years going forward. think back to judge beto bourque and justice thomas this didn't exist before. so much else of this didn't exist before either. in reporting out search and destroy, i expected the advice and consent process town fold as it had with merrick garland president obama's pick of the senate rejected and with justice enough hot senate confirmed was president trump's pick. what i found was a search and destroy that began before judge kavanaugh was selected. >> what does that mean. >> the left had said from the very beginning we are going to oppose whoever, whoever trump picks and demand justice, a new organized dark money group on the left pledged to spend $5 million opposing whoever the pick was around that group is run by brian fallon, a hillary clinton campaign flack. and he said at the time it wasn't so much about cans sling which ever nominee was picked about building the muscle memory to organize around the corps look forward to 2020.
quote
5:10 pm
>> tucker: what a loathe some extremist he is. ryan, congratulations on the book. >> thank you. >> tucker: lisa booth joins us tonight. >> hi, tucker. >> tucker: nice to see you. surprised how quickly how quickly this story emerged on sunday that the candidates and the press responded immediately to it. there seemed to be no pause. >> well, there wasn't and we also haven't heard them take back these calls for impeachment either there really is no alleged victim here because the alleged victim told her friend that she doesn't even remember that this incident ever happening. there is actually no story here yet, they haven't taken back those calls for impeachment. does it surprise you? you saw how democrats baseless. senator feinstein sat on that information for six weeks and democrats weaponized it he it 11th hour despite multiple times where they could have come forward with this information whether it was brett kavanaugh testifying closed door.
5:11 pm
1300 questions that were submitted to brett kavanaugh that could have been in that or even in these meetings setting down with brett kavanaugh as well. senator feinstein could have done it then. >> tucker: part of this is a little confusing pause we know he is not going to be impeached. this is a lifetime appointment. probably nothing you can do about it unless we learn something very dramatic. on the basis of whatee just learned of course is he not going to be impeached. what's the point of this exactly do you think? >> i think there is really two things going on here for the left. one it's about abortion. we heard debra katz who is one of christine ford's attorney said as much. wanted to put an asterisk above brett kavanaugh's name as he -- when he takes the scalpel against roe v. wade, boorlings. kirsten gillibrand said women were going to die as a result of brett kavanaugh if he gets confirmed. we knew this is about abortion and then it's also about intimidation as well what democrats want to do is send a message to brett
5:12 pm
kavanaugh that, you know, don't take any action against issues like abortion or else. we also saw that with senator whitehouse when he filed that amicus brief talking about, you know, look, the court better heal itself or there is going to be a restructuring. >> you can sort of see that this has an effect. you watch the career of the chief justice who has moved left and really those mindless conceivable way i would argue. and what is that a product of? maybe his judicial philosophy has changed or maybe it's just really hard to live here in washington if you don't kind of toe the line. >> that would be a good question for him. i think another thing that's important with all of this doesn't that doesn't get discussed as much is how thoroughly vetted brett kavanaugh was, right? he went through seven background checks. he went through a vetting process with that because of his access to sensitive information. when he was confirmed to be district court of appeals, he also went through a investigating process and confirmation process. the senate judiciary
5:13 pm
committee investigated, looked at 45 different witnesses 25 witness statements. produced a 414 page report looking at all of this. it's absolutely ridiculous. in guy ghib vetted. you have justice ginsburg singing his praises. listen to what she has had to say about him as well. >> our new justice, justice kavanaugh whose entire staff, all women, all of his law clerks are women. it's first time in the history of the united states there have been more women working at the court than men. [applause] >> so have you there talking about how he has actually been a supporter of women with the amount of law clerks that he has taken on. that are all female. character witnesses stepped forward knowing him from his time in high school he is the salt of the earth. this is not something he
5:14 pm
would do. one thing i would like to ask is i wonder why the mainstream media haven't looked further into his accuser. why are they not concerned that leland keyser doubts kristin ford's story. someone who is supposed to be one of her best friends that told the fbi she was being pressured by christine blasey ford's friend to change her story. dad congratulated brett kavanaugh's dad on confirmation. if you don't have your own dad behind you, that certainly raises questions. >> tucker: it does raise some questions in the parking lot of the burning tree country club in washington. >> right. >> tucker: lisa, good to see you tonight. >> i could go on. >> tucker: me too. good to see you. richard goodstein joins us tonight. good to see you tonight. >> thank you. >> tucker: ily lisa raises an important question. the story comes out over the weekend and the media jump
5:15 pm
on it. the candidates jump on it. it comes to this conclusion that we need to impeach brett kavanaugh and then the newspaper itself admits in effect that the story is a crock, actually. that the supposed victim doesn't remember it. says she is not a victim. isn't it time then to say oh, wow, now i have new information? i guess we can't impeach him. why isn't anyone saying that. >> let's talk about the facts. the victim hasn't spoken to anybody. the people she should have spoken to were the fbi. the witness who matt stier who senator coons tipped off basically the fbi about because he had witnessed this and he told and senator coons told the head of the fbi directly please talk to him and the fbi as we know had a list of dozens of people between debra ramirez and this matt stier who they did not speak to or christine blasey ford. why did they not speak to christine blasey ford or kavanaugh? that must be the first investigation the fbi never talked to the accuser or the
5:16 pm
accused. >> tucker: i can't answer that i think in the case of christine blasey ford she didn't want to talk to them. she was clearly -- >> -- that wasn't a choice of hers. >> tucker: i agree with you. i am certainly not here to defend the fbi on many levels. my point is that the newspaper itself has con creeconceded in a note amended to the piece that the piece is a crock. the newspaper tells us that she can't remember. so, like. >> the newspaper friends of a, quote, friends of hers who were unnamed. she hasn't talked. we don't know what she said. >> tucker: the newspaper is telling us as far as they know she doesn't think she was a victim. so, on the basis of that shouldn't beto o'rourke and the rest of these morons say wait a second, i guess we shouldn't impeach until we know more? how reckless can you be? >> the reason the democrats are talking about doing something, i agree that impeachment is absurd is to basically show here is what the fbi did and here is what it didn't do and here is what next time it should do. i just think, look, there
5:17 pm
was a rush to judgment here. the fbi's hands were tied. that has shameful. dozens of people who witnessed things regarding any number of these witnesses who never got contacted. >> tucker: hold on there is no -- i follow this as closely as anybody. we did 16 shows in a row on it there is no evidence at all, actual evidence whatsoever that brett kavanaugh, whom i have never met in my life. i'm not here to carry water for the guy. there is no evidence he committed sexual assault against anybody. >> well, using the term sexual assault, right? >> that he did anything. >> well, the evidence is that fellow matt stier who clerked for two republican appointed judges and worked for a republican congressman this is the clinton todayy. >> tucker: is he a lefty. the point is the woman does apparently according 209 "new york times" doesn't remember it. >> friend. that's exactly the democrats are saying let's have the fbi maybe now account for
5:18 pm
itself. do an investigation. >> tucker: if the woman is a victim she should come forward. she is an adult. in this country if you are a victim and an adult you can say so. if you don't i'm sorry we are not going to punish the perpetrator. >> christi stein blasey ford has had to move four times. death threats. couldn't go back to her job. she had though hire security to protect herself. >> tucker: i know a lot about that as someone who lives that life. i'm saying if you are the victim of a crime and you are an adult. these are are not children. then you have an obligation for the sake of the rest of to us stand up and say this is what happened. i'm sorry, that's the system. these are not kids. richard, thank you. >> of course. speaking of not kids, joe biden not a kid once was a kid though and he says that when he was, when he was young, he stood across from and then defeated a tough hardened gang leader called corn pop. possibly the greatest story in american politics in the
5:19 pm
last 10 years. biden vs. corn pop. after the break. >> corn pop was a bad dude. and he ran a bunch of bad boys. i said when i tell to you get off the board, you get off the board and i will kick you out again. ♪
5:20 pm
5:21 pm
5:22 pm
hey. you must be steven's phone.
5:23 pm
now you can know who's on your network and control who shouldn't be, only with xfinity xfi. simple. easy. awesome. ♪ ♪ >> tucker: joe biden was the united states senator for 40 years and vice president of the united states for 8 years after that surrounded by armed security the entire time. yet the amazing thing is joe biden has had more close
5:24 pm
calls with his life with physical danger than your average cinematic action hero. is he one tough hombre. we know that because he talks about it a lot. has recently surfaced from two years ago of biden bragging about a standoff he once had with a gangster called corn pop. pretty dramatic chains and straight raise razor some skepts out there are wondering whether it's actually real. trace gallagher has been investigating this story for us. he joins us now with the results of his investigation. hey, trace. >> hi, tucker. joe biden says to better understand black america in 1962 he became the only white lifeguard at a predominantly blackpool in delaware and that's where a quote bad dude named corn pop violated pool rules. watch. >> to use pom aid in your hair bathing cap.
5:25 pm
hey, esther, you, off the board or i will come up and drag you off. he came off and he said i will meet you outside. >> tucker: esther meaning the swimmer esther williams biden says when he got to his car corn pop and three other guys were waiting with straight razors biden went to his buddy. listen again. >> he cut off a six foot length of chain and said you walk out with that chain and you walk to the car and say you may cut me man, but i'm going to wrap this chain around your head. i said you are kidding me said no, if you don't, don't come back and he was right. so i walked out with the chain and i walked up to my car. >> biden said he then used diplomacy to get corn pop to stand down offering a half apology. >> i shouldn't have called you esther williams, i apology devise for that i apologize. but i don't know if that apology was going to work he said you apologize to me? i said i apologize not for
5:26 pm
throwing you out but i apologize for what i said. he said okay, closed the straight razor and my heart began to beat again. >> turns out after a thorough investigation there was a corn pop living in delaware at the time and a former naacp president says it's true biden stood his ground. as you might imagine plenty of others very skeptical of that story. tucker? >> tucker: trace gallagher thanks for the latest on that. appreciate it. because of the skepticism that hovers over the story we dispatched our reporting team to the are a crisis. to the region and came up with what we think is authentic video footage of that showdown in 1962 between joe biden and corn pop here it is. ♪ ♪ ♪
5:27 pm
♪ >> tucker: so my producers are telling me that actually that is footage from the rumble from west side story. easy mistake to make but we assume the encounter with corn pop did look something like that. mark steyn is an author and columnist he joins us tonight. so, mark, if we don't have the foot daniel unfortunately. we thought we did. we don't. we are honorable enough to issue a correction there but we believe that the standoff between joe biden and corn pop at the public pool looks something like that. do you think it did? >> yes. as i understand this, joe biden faced down a gang leader who was threatening to cut him with razor because biden had called him esther williams. in all of america's epidemic of gang violence this has never happened before you said it was the greatest political antidote of the last 10 years. it's the greatest political an diantidote ever.
5:28 pm
it should be in the smithsonian dick morris and james carville should be teaching this in political campaigning master class. it's brilliant. i did impromptu parody of a joe biden an at this time dote on your show last week. this is a parody of my parody. i was in the end and threw in. he went esther williams. that's brilliant. for the benefit of your younger viewers by which i mean bernie sanders and elizabeth warren, esther williams was the star, as you know, of-million-dollar mermaid, dangerous when wet and my personal favorite scouts ahoy. we all know if you are surrounded by ms-13 members that they absolutely -- they don't mind they let it go in add lie stevenson compared them to sonia and sun valley serenade and when lbj said that pillbox hat makes you look a little bit like doris day. they let you go.
5:29 pm
if you pull an esther williams you better be prepared to have a six foot metal chain with you. biden has kamala harris says she smoked weed listening to tupac and snoop dogg. he has gone. biden has gone fullestster williams on that slowzy pop culture pandering and literally blown out of the water. you can't get what he is smoking when he is doing his esther williams on you. >> tucker: you can't even buy it. it's not even legal in colorado, is it. >> no, no, no. >> tucker: i imagine in the background on record player was the sound track probably of west side story as this was happening? >> yeah. i think that's the problem. corn pop. it must be terribly annoying to face down a guy who is trying to cut you with a raiser. and you want to tell your friends about it. and the only fly in the ointment is that he is corn pop who was, as you correctly pointed out, the third shark on the left in
5:30 pm
the last summer stock revival i saw of west side story. i mean,just doesn't work as a bad hombre name. basic problem there. essentially, it's like barry manilow. from culpa co-ban know. his name was corn pop ♪ he had a razor. second chorus of culpa cabana. >> tucker: for those of us who grew up in this country corn pops are actually one of the sugariest brands of cereal. >> not a good name for a gang member. it's the attention to detail he said, for example, the way you make the straight raiser rusty is to put it in a rain barrel. you think you can run it under the facet.
5:31 pm
in fact, you have to have an actual rain barrel. the details of this antidote are brilliant. they should be teaching it. >> tucker: now you are making me like him. mark steyn great to see you. thank you. >> thanks a lot, tucker. >> tucker: some in the democratic party are upset that voters are beginning to suspect that democrats want to confiscate guns. where did voters get that idea? we have the answer after the break. ♪
5:32 pm
5:33 pm
5:34 pm
5:35 pm
>> tucker: when it comes down to it almost nobody likes beto o'rourke stuck below 5% for months. tells you something about america. in a desperate last chance for relevance he pretense for guns. is he for sending cops to your house so seize your firearms. >> are you proposing taking away their guns and how would this work?
5:36 pm
>> i am if it's a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield hell, yes, we are going to take your ar 15, your ak 47. >> well, people were shocked within a year or two mark our words beto's position will be mandatory for every democrat running for office. right now though senator chris coons of delaware is worried that statements like that could hurt the democrats going forward. >> i frankly think that clip will be played for years at second amendment rallies with organizations that try to scare people by saying democrats are coming for your guns. >> tucker: imagine that scaring people by showing them what democrats have promised to do jason nichols a professor for african-american studies maryland. thanks for coming on. >> thank you. >> tucker: i wonder it's not by the way beto a bunch of other candidates have said they are for, this for mandatory buy backs, gun seizures, what would that look like? and i'm thinking about.
5:37 pm
this i'm thinking there are a lot of guns in poor neighborhoods both bad people but primarily good people, law abiding people who use them to protect themselves. and a lot of those guns would be banned under the beto scheme or the elizabeth warren scheme or kamala harris scheme. that would mean armed agents are going to be going to the west side of chicago or east side of detroit going in african-american neighborhoods in baltimore go door to door and taking people's guns how is that going to work. >> first of all, i do have respect for beto. i think beto was a man who he didn't spin in the spin room. he is somebody who said what he is going to do. >> tucker: i agree with thanks i disagree with what he intends to do. i think, number one, when we look at it in particular with gun violence and deaths that are related to gun violence most it comes from handguns not from ar 15s, actually 64% of fatalities that come from have gun
5:38 pm
violence come from handguns not from your ar-15 or your ak-47. >> tucker: you are absolutely right and thank you for pointing it out. you know the numbers. most people don't. however, the gun ban that he has endorsed and a lot of other candidates have endorsed would also include an awful lot of handguns. any handgun with a magazine over 10 rounds would be confiscated. >> right. well, i'm for, you know, limiting the capacity of a magazine. i think there are lots of gun reforms that we can have. you can be pro-gun and pro-gun control. i don't think those things. >> tucker: in the end if you are saying, here the distinction that i think is new. clinton banned the sale of so-called assault rifles for 10 years but nobody has proposed going into peoples homes and grabbing them. what you are going to have is law enforcement that everyone on the left is calling racist going into black neighborhoods and taking people's guns away like so tell me, i mean, what does that look like to
5:39 pm
you? that's obviously something i'm not for. one of the things we need to work on if you want to work on something that's going to benefit america. >> i would say get rid of voter id. get rid of ways for people having rights. >> what does it make you think about beto or elizabeth warren or kamala harris if they are endorsing a plan that would disproportionately meaning that he federal agents in black neighborhoods and taking people's guns away? what the hell? >> again, i think beto is somebody right now emotionally hurt to be honest by what occurred in his city. and i understand that and i think he is reacting off of emotion. i think chris coons. >> wait, he is an adult man though running for president so like he has thought this through i would assume or do you think he is just like emotional incontinent. >> no, i don't think he is emotionally incontinent. i think he was emotionally affected. like many americans
5:40 pm
emotionally affected by many of the mass shootings. he should look at the numbers and see what's going on and think this through a little more than he has. [laughter] >> i think chris coons is right that, you know, if we want to win states that we can win like texas and georgia and florida and pennsylvania, we can't talk about. >> tucker: you can't tell voters what you really think, i totally agree. don't be honest. thanks a lot. >> someone finally asked ilhan omar why her take away was why somebody did something. asked her that directly. see what she said. president trump will be speaking in new mexico. we will be airing that speech right here on fox news. stay tuned.
5:41 pm
5:42 pm
5:43 pm
5:44 pm
>> tucker: congresswomen ilhan omar of minnesota famously summarized the 9/11
5:45 pm
attacks this way some people did something. in washington even a high school yearbook is fair game for debate but omar, amazingly, hasn't had to explain her remarks no one asked her. that is until 9/11 commemoration last week. a man who lost his mother rebuked omar by wearing a t-shirt by saying "some people did something." finally this weekend on cbs face the nation, omar was asked to explain what she said if she is sorry at all. if she can see why her remarks may have hurt some people. here is how she responded. >> 9/11 was an attack on all americans. it was an rah tack on all of -- was an attack on all of us. and i certainly cannot understand the weight of the pain of the victim of the families of 9/11 must feel. but i think it is really important for us to make sure that we are not forgetting, right, the aftermath of what happened after 9/11. many americans found
5:46 pm
themselves now having their civil rights stripped from them. as a muslim, not only was i suffering as an american who was attacked on that day, but the next day i woke up as my fellow americans were now treating me as suspect. >> tucker: oh, okay. so, in other words, omar is not sorry. 9/11 wasn't the specific murder of 3,000 americans by islamic extremists, no, it was simply the morphos attack on all americans but most important it was an attack on omar herself. she suffered more than you did. in other words, not only is ilhan omar ungrateful, anti-american, she is also not surprisingly, a narcissist. last week on this show we spoke with jim cried ler an attorney representing the families of 9/11 victims. they have been suing saudi arabia. those families are hoping the fbi would declassify documents related to saudi's role in the attacks. following the interview, the fbi gave the families a
5:47 pm
victory only a small one. the fbi gave criticize ler the name of a man who may have ordered two saudi officials to assist the hijackers won't let him share that name with any of the 9/11 families. they said it's state secrets in refusing to declassify. the affair report claims ties to saudi hijackers. cia did this on the grounds of an active investigation and said it would hurt relations with a foreign ally. kridler called the accusation ridiculous and want to keep it secret. vowing to get that declassified we will keep you updated on that. so americans are not allowed to know the extent of saudi's involvement with 9/11. many people think it's america's obligation though to fight wars on behalf of the saudi kingdom. you are seeing that all over today. once again tensions are rising in the persian gulf after an alleged iranian attack on a saudi oil facility that shut down about half that country's
5:48 pm
refining capacity. this under normal circumstances would be a flat out disaster for the united states and, yet, fracking fracking has mental that the united states is energy independent. we have buffer. we don't need to fight middle eastern wars over oil anymore. we don't as of today. that is until we shut down our own energy sector to implement a green new deal which many are proposing on the left. danielle, executive director of power of the future. daniel, thanks so much for coming on. so, for decades, literally you heard politicians, most of them democrats say something correct. we are dependent on foreign oil, as a result we have to intervene in these wars where americans i do an die and. we are not as dependent. you think we would be celebrating that. >> this is a huge win for america and you would think, yeah, this is something that everyone running for president would applaud, right? but, yet, we have dozens of
5:49 pm
people running for president who want to make fossil fuels illegal by 2030. they want to ban the practice. elizabeth warren said on her first day she will make fracking illegal. as did bernie sanders on their very first day. that's millions of jobs without a doubt ruining small towns across america. but most importantly, what would it do to our energy supply? what would it do to oil prices? and what we see with these attacks that happened in saudi arabia, we're going to feel the price at the pump. there is no doubt about it because it's a global commodity. if you were a minister in europe where they get a huge percentage of their oil and gas from the persian gulf, i would be nervous if i were them. >> tucker: i know we are all supposed to love the saudis now. everyone watching loves the saudis. but i think 17 of 19 hijackers came from saudi arabia. they hate us, actually. so being depend dent on the saudis for energy is crazy. >> yeah. >> tucker: why are people pushing this. >> i don't understand that remember, the whole phrase no blood for oil. >> tucker: yes. >> i was in high school when
5:50 pm
the first gulf war broke out no. blood for oil. during the last gulf war, iraq, afghanistan. we said no blood for oil. i have three nephews, jack, peter, and aden are going to vote in their very first presidential election coming up. their entire lives all they have known is america at war. yet we have for the first time at our finger tips for the chance we are lib ter rated for from overseas engagement. shame what has happened there middle east turmoil is not going to be solved in our lifetime. sad for the citizens trapped there isn't it great that america can stand back, support our allies and at the same time employ millions of people with really good jobs that don't require expensive college degrees in rural america. again, these people running for president with the goal of making all of that illegal by 2030. >> tucker: the most vibrant sector of the american economy. >> absolutely. >> critical do our national security. if you have sworn to destroy it, you are attempting to undermine the united states in a profound way. >> absolutely. and if they are pledging an
5:51 pm
oath to defend the constitution and the people of this country. i don't know how do you that and what other issue has garnered this level of media attention? rival networks gave it seven hours of climate change coverage. another network is going to give it two full days of coverage just on climate change. opioids didn't get that veteran suicide didn't get that homelessness didn't get it. finance amazing this issue that runs our entire economy is being attacked and these are nobody men and women. thank god they are in oil fields because if the democrats had their way they would be overseas in battle fields. >> tucker: dependent on the saudis. disgusting. daniel, thank you. >> thank you. >> tucker: netflix just released film company. has america's top streaming service become a propaganda outlet it. seems that way. we will talk to one of the best film critics in america who makes that case. president trump about to speak in new mexico. you can see it here live on fox. stay tuned for that
5:52 pm
♪ (aurelia) i did have hearing aids from another company, i was just frustrated. i almost gave up. with miracle-ear, it's all about service. they're personable, they're friendly. i'm very happy with them. (avo) we provide you with a free lifetime of aftercare. meaning free checkups, cleanings and adjustments. (wiley) i see someone new, someone happy. it's really made a difference. get special anniversary savings and your chance to win a seven day hawaiian cruise. call 1-800-miracle to schedule your free hearing evaluation.
5:53 pm
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
5:56 pm
>> tucker: president is about to start a rally in new mexico. of course, we'll go there as soon as he begins. look for that live tonight on fox. meanwhile, for decades, at the american left off at the sharpest critiques of big business in this country, now in the age of capital, they are deeply allowed, intertwined with big business. google protects users from ideas the left doesn't like. credit card companies to side whether americans actually have the right to buy guns. and then most notably, there is the alliance between the obama's and netflix. netflix just released an obama-produced documentary called "american factory" that propels chinese takeover of the fouformer general motors plant n ohio. we have a film critic of many years who published an essay in "the new york post" calling netflix "a obama propaganda machine."
5:57 pm
thank you for joining us and for coming on. >> i'm happy to talk to you again, tucker. >> tucker: thank you. what is the problem you have with the obama's reaching is producing deal with netflix, why is that bad? >> i suppose they have the right to do it, of course, the thing that bothers me is the lack of disclosure, the lack of transparency about it. netflix promotes it as a great thing for the obama's and a message from them to the american people, but they are not honest about it being propaganda, and that's the problem i have with it as a film viewer and a film critic. >> tucker: it so you believe that there is a political cast to it, that they are putting their thumb on this film, that there is a political message to the content. >> oh, sure, there certainly is. there's an article about this in the washington journal the text about how the film itself, the part that obama played in factories in ohio, but the film
5:58 pm
deals with it itself. that's one part of the lack of disclosure about this. but the part that really bothered me, that i focus on in the article, is the weighted film media, cultural media, decided to cheer the obama's connection with netflix. it's a kind of illusion -- i'm sorry, i kind of collusion that americans should be very worried about and concerned about, especially the lack of disclosure. >> tucker: well, sure, why would it ever be a good idea for a politician to be involved in the content business, and making entertainment or news, for that matter? >> never, never, and its race and to think about politician leaving office and suddenly becoming a mogul in the film industry, not to give entertainment to people, but to give political ideology, and that is very worrisome as well. the fact that obama is becoming a movie mogul, to me, it is a continuation of that too cozy
5:59 pm
relationship he has had with the media, the corporate media, and that has got to be a concern to everyone. >> tucker: it really quick, do we know how much he is making from this, he and his wife, ando we know why netflix is doing it? >> we don't know the amount. netflix has not disclose the amount, the way up the publishing industry disclose the $65 million that was given -- gifted to the obama's, but clearly netflix is a part of hollywood. hollywood has always been leftist, and especially the documentary genre. people need to know these things, it wasn't just michael moore who wandere ruin the docuy genre, but hollywood, documentaries have always been a forum for ideology. that's the difference between hollywood docs and true journalism. >> tucker: that's a really good point that i think most consumers don't understand. armond white, one of the few critics to think for himself, for that reason, we happy to have you on. thank you.
6:00 pm
>> thank you, tucker paid >> tucker: that's it for us. we'll be back tomorrow night and every week night at 8:00 p.m., they show that is the sworn enemy of -- for now, we turn things over to our friend sean hannity standing back to new york. >> hannity: tucker, great show, welcome to "hannity." tonight, the president, only moments away from speaking at a massive rally in new mexico, we will take you there live when the president takes to the stage. first we do have two big breaking news stories we covering tonight including the latest may be a mob attack again on justice kavanaugh that blew up almost immediately in the faces of "the new york times." that is coming up. but we begin tonight with serious news, breaking is out of the middle east. we can now report that the hostile regime of iran is now the likely culprit of that drone attack against major saudi oil facilities. all told, the attack caused my
6:01 pm
cause

93 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on