Skip to main content

tv   M. Jackson Dr.  MSNBC  November 11, 2011 7:00pm-8:00pm PST

7:00 pm
excuse me. sorry. thank you. and this is your apple jack rabbit. the maple syrup gives it a foamy head which is delicious. so no garnish except for the "i voted" sticker. happy election week. happy veterans day, and have a great weekend. oh, my god. this is good. we are interrupting our regular programming, because there are reports that the singer and pop culture icon michael jackson has died. lapd detectives have gone to the home where michael jackson was renting as part of what is a routine death investigation. the l.a. county coroner has
7:01 pm
ruled michael jackson's death a homicide, and the last person to see him alive was his doctor. >> conrad murray figuratively and literally abandoned michael jackson. >> conrad murderer. >> though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i fear no evil. >> michael, judgment for michael, judgment for michael. >> dr. murray is not a perfect man. he is an imperfect man, like all of us, but if the prosecution is going to get up here and tell you that he is greedy and callous and reckless, you need
7:02 pm
to hear the full story about him. in the spring of 2009, michael jackson, the so-called king of pop was poised for the biggest comeback of his career. he would perform a record-breaking 50 concerts that summer at london's o2 arena and in financial straits, the concerts would help jackson get out of debt. >> i will be performing the sopgs that my fans want to hear. >> to get through the grueling schedule, jackson turned to dr. conrad murray, a las vegas-based doctor he knew. >> this is it. i mean, this is really it. this is the final, the final curtain call.
7:03 pm
>> michael was an incredible human being. the greatest performer of all time. we are friends. and i could never, ever betray his trust in me. >> on november 7th, 2011th, a los angeles jury found dr. conrad murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter. for two years we followed dr. murray as he awaited and then went on trial. this is his story in his own words. >> my story is one of david and goliath. i have seen the whole world coming at me. that is the goliath. david was clearly not expecting to be victorious, but he had god with him.
7:04 pm
you cast your faith to the wind, and it is left for others to judge and to make a decision. >> conrad murray as the doctor on scene had a legal duty of care to use his best medical judgment to do no harm to michael jackson. he left this vulnerable man filled with valium and mi daz lam and propofol and no medical monitoring equipment and no necessary resuscitative equipment, and dr. conrad murray's actions directly caused the death of michael jackson. >> we believe that the evidence will tell you this that michael jackson wanted to sleep for ten
7:05 pm
hours. was frustrated and unable to sleep, and his doctor would not give him propofol, the drug he wanted. michael jackson swallowed up to eight lorazepam without permission of his doctors, and when dr. murray left the room, michael jackson self-administered a dose of an additional dose of propofol, and it killed him. it killed him like that. and there was no way to save him. >> during his opening statement to the jury, ed chernoff, murray's lead attorney introduced the defense's theory that unbeknownst to dr. murray michael jackson took a lethal combination of drugs that killed him. >> i think that the whole notion that you laid out with lorazepam that killed him went --
7:06 pm
surprise. >> they didn't know that. and that is because of what the media was portraying. >> am i okay to go around saying, you did hear what happened, what the defense's theory is? >> i told you there was a surprise today. go over the opening statement, and you know what killed him now. and it wasn't propofol. >> for months dr. murray's defense team struggled to get the message across the what they perceived as a hostile media. >> the way that the media is running this is as if dr. murray came from hell up to earth specifically for the purpose of killing michael jackson. >> the entire world wants to know what happened to michael jackson. >> dr. murray is perhaps the only person who might know what
7:07 pm
really happened that fateful day. his relationship with jackson began in 2006 in las vegas when he made a house call to care for jackson's children. murray had been recommended by one of jackson's bodyguards. >> this is where i met him. i took care of his three children initially. and then we developed a relationship as that time on. the paparazzi was here, and everybody was around and everybody looking into the property. and the kids many of times, he would climb into the back seat and tell security don't follow. they have no authority. my heart pounded a little bit. but he liked those risks. i think that he kind of cheered it on. >> murray says that one thing he
7:08 pm
and jackson had in common was difficult relationships with their fathers. he says that his father did not publicly acknowledge him until his mid-20s. >> in some ways there was a mirror part of our lives in that we didn't have full appreciation of the fathers. i had a dad who was affection for me, but i could not allow the affection to be known publicly, and of course, that was tough to handle. he had a dad who never hugged him. never hugged his own children. >> he cried so many times. i told him, it is okay. it is okay, michael. you can cry.
7:09 pm
he lived a life 100 years of pain. ♪ all of his life, he was searching for a friend. he had very many people, but friends he did not have. he said of all of my life, i have found one friend which is you. dr. conrad. two of the most important are energy security and economic growth. north america actually has one of the largest oil reserves in the world. a large part of that is oil sands.
7:10 pm
this resource has the ability to create hundreds of thousands of jobs. at our kearl project in canada, we'll be able to produce these oil sands with the same emissions as many other oils and that's a huge breakthrough. that's good for our country's energy security and our economy. that's good for like many chefs today, security i feel the best approach to food is to keep it whole for better nutrition. and that's what they do with great grains cereal. see the seam on the wheat grain? same as on the flake. because great grains steams and bakes the actual whole grain. now check out the other guy's flake. hello, no seam. because it's more processed. now, which do you suppose has better nutrition for you? mmm. great grains. the whole whole grain cereal. free gold ! we call that hertz gold plus rewards. you earn free days, free weeks and more fast. that's a plus. upgrade your ride. that's a plus.
7:11 pm
rewards with no blackout dates so you can redeem anytime. and it's easy to redeem your points online. already a gold member ? just select gold plus rewards in your profile and start rewarding yourself now. just go to hertzgoldplusrewards.com to join. hertz gold plus rewards. journey on. luck? i don't trade on luck. i trade on fundamentals. analysis. information. i trade on tradearchitect. this is web-based trading, re-visualized. streaming, real-time quotes. earnings analysis. probability analysis: that's what opportunity looks like. it's all visual. intuitive. and it's available free, wherever the web is. this is how trade strategies are built. tradearchitect. only from td ameritrade. welcome to better trade commission free for 60 days when you open an account.
7:12 pm
7:13 pm
the los angeles county coroner ruled that michael jackson's death was homicide. the autopsy stated that an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol killed him, a drug that murray admitted to police giving jackson that morn morni morning. >> i'm holding the obama 1 1 -- item 119, your honor, holding 20 milliliter propofol bottles, and i'm opening the bag. >> the use of propofol in ja jackson's home was the most damning evidence against murray, but the defense argued that the 20 milligrams of the drug that he said he gave michael was not enough to cause the death. >> we are not communicating well here, doctor. i asked you a question, what amounts of propofol do you use? >> in my practice of procedural seddation i would not give more than 25 grams to a healthy 35
7:14 pm
kilogr kilogram male, because i would not think that would achieve any sedation i would want to achiev achieve. >> so what you are saying is that 25 milligrams is a small amount of propofol to give a patient? >> 25 milligrams would not be a sufficient dose in most patients. >> and what did you think of the performance of that? >> well, she would start off with 60 milligrams and the doctor starts out with 25, and he is obviously not overmedicating. >> this is a word of encouragement. letters. >> the point is that to get the information no the jury, and you did that perfect. i got it. they got it. i saw that.
7:15 pm
>> we will not start until the prosecution finishes. >> justice for michael! >> i kept going back and forth there, because i knew i was forgetting things in my head, and i was seeing things, but i could not see. >> murray's defense team hadn't been paid for months, because dr. murray is financially strapped, so to save money, michael flanagan, the l.a.-based member of the team and his wife susan invite ed chernoff the lead defense attorney to stay in their home outside of l.a. chernoff comes from dr. murray's old hometown houston and prides himself on the closeness with the clients and saying on the website that clients consider him a savior and a friend. >> everybody flocks around him. there's got to be 100 cameo, and
7:16 pm
what about michael jackson being so screwed up, and you see dr. murray? that is what happens when dr. m murray is not around. >> and the fact that he is fantastic, but you shouldn't call him murphy. >> four months before his death, murray says that jackson began to press him to close his las vegas and houston practices and become his full time physician. he wanted murray to keep him in top health for the 50 "this is it" concerts. >> he said, dr. conrad, i have watched you. i have looked at you for so l g long. i said, why are you looking at me? what is that about? he says, i looked at you, because i tested you.
7:17 pm
you are the one. >> in april 2009, murray agreed to make michael jackson his only patie patient. he shut down his private cardiology practice and moved to los angeles to live with michael in the beverly hills mansion rented for michael by the concert promoter aeg live. >> the only people in the home would be the children, michael and myself. security were never permitted to come into this house. >> but there was a second bed chamber and adjoining chamber that was off limits to everyone but michael. >> he always had a chamber that was exclusively his. that chamber was reserved and complete completely locked down. not even the maid could go in there. and the children would not go in
7:18 pm
there. that was off limits. the bedroom that he slept where i worked with him during the night, that i had to persuade him to eventually have it cleaned, because it was mildewed and i had to get it cleaned. >> dr. murray said that there was a room that was off limits eb even to him. nobody has been in the back room and it looks like it has not been cleaned for months. when those pictures start coming out and the public and the public finds to finally see what that bathroom looks like, what are they going to think? they will start turning around. >> explain a 50-year-old man who sleeps with a baby doll and has pictures of basically infants to
7:19 pm
2-year-old children looking at him every night. >> there is everything about him is sick. it is weird. >> amazing. >> the media made him appear weirder than he is. >> you have to be kidding me? >> you cannot use any worders to make him any weirder than he is. >> after moving to los angeles, murray's relationship with jackson deepened. it was then that dr. murray says that michael confided his vision that god had asked michael to reach out to the world's children to save the planet from destruction. >> michael felt that he was ordained. >> murray says that michael asked him to be his partner in this great endeavor. he says that we are selected to do this. that is coming from his lips.
7:20 pm
we are selected to do this. we can do it. we have to do it. we can do it. >> a more troubling take on this conversation was played in court. a recording of a conversation that michael had with dr. murray. >> god wants me to do it. god wants me to do it. i'm going do it. conrad -- that's the next generation that's going save our planet. >> and dr. murray had a revelation less than a month after michael's death. >> the past few weeks commencing with the passing of michael and as of july 15th, 2009, 3:00
7:21 pm
a.m., a spirit came to me and i could feel the warmth and i could see his face and his garment as he came down to touch me. he lifted me out of full of darkness, and he brought me to light. he said he protected me. i am protected, and he will put me and keep me safely in the secret chamber of the tabernacle. thank you, father. thank you, thank you. i love you, lord.
7:22 pm
tdd# 1-800-345-2550 let's talk about fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 there are atm fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 account service fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 and the most dreaded fees of all, hidden fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 at charles schwab, you won't pay fees on top of fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 no monthly account service fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 no hidden fees. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 and we rebate every atm fee. tdd# 1-800-345-2550 so talk to chuck tdd# 1-800-345-2550 because when it comes to talking, there is no fee.
7:23 pm
7:24 pm
june 2009, the rehearsals taking place at l.a. staples center for michael's "this is it" tour were not going well. in the trial, the prosecution
7:25 pm
showed footage of the rehearsals to show the vigor and health of michael prior to his death. what they didn't show is the footage of the many earlier performances where michael was late or didn't complete the rehearsal. >> the producer had made several statements that this could not go on. if michael was not going to do what he was expected to do, they could not have a show. and they could not get michael to kconform to what they wanted. michael, on the other hand, was saying that they were working him too much, and he did not want to be worked as a machine. he felt like a machine. >> kenny ortega, the director of "this is it" warned of michael's
7:26 pm
condition in an e-mail he sent to his boss five days before michael's death. >> my concern is that he appeared quite weak and fatigued this evening. he had a terrible case of the chills, rambling and obsessing. tonight i was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets to warm his chills, and i believe that he really wants this. it would shatter him, break his heart if we pulled the plug. he is terribly frightened that it is all going to go away. it broke my heart. he was like a lost boy. sincerely, kenny. >> with aeg live advancing a great deal of money for the production, in fact, aeg live was bankrolling michael's house and staff and agreed to pay dr. murray $150,000 a month.
7:27 pm
it was no surprise that ortega's e-mail resulted in an emergency meeting at michael's school with randy phillips the head of aeg live and michael and dr. murray. in court phillips was asked about that meeting. >> kenny opened up the meeting by talking about his concern that michael needed to really focus and to really pay attention to this production, that it was massive, and that they couldn't do it without him. >> all right. and what was michael jackson's respons response? >> michael didn't respond immediately. okay. dr. murray spoke for michael on the situation, and michael's focus and michael's showing up, and guaranteed us that michael would get into it, and would connect. >> jackson's problems at the rehearsals stemmed in part from a severe sleep disorder he had been dealing with for years.
7:28 pm
according to dr. murray and others who testified at the trial, jackson treated the problem by having doctors give him propofol. murray, himself, and mitts to give -- admits to giving michael propofol shortly after becoming his physician. >> because of the concept that he needed sleep to be ready for the performances and this is only because of the sleep. >> and the pressure was stepped up on murray to help him get the sleep he needed to perform. >> he said, i want 15 to 18 hours of sleep. that is what most doctors give me. give me ten minutes. give me 20 minutes. i said to him, why would ten minutes help you? how would 20 minutes make a difference? it will. it will.
7:29 pm
it really helps me. i can really composing at this stage of the production. >> and i now put this propofol through the spike. >> and the prosecution's case is built with the belief that murray never should have given michael propofol at home to help him sleep, and that the drug in fact caused his death. >> to be treating him with a potent anesthetic which has no proven role of insomnia is really hard to be, really grasp. it is inconceivable. >> to win the case, the defense needs to successfully undermine the prosecution's medical defense that propofol should
7:30 pm
never be administered at home. michael flanagan will be the defense's attorney in cross-examining the medical witnesses. >> now, how much propofol did he give him? >> he gave 25 milligrams of propofol and then started him on a drip. >> it doesn't say he started him on a drip, does it? >> i think it does, yes. >> it doesn't. >> it doesn't? >> no. >> can i look at the report? >> sure. >> i think that the doctor -- i can cross-examine him and he does not stand a chance. ki slice him like a sword. he is stupid, but however, i take offense when my own attorney is not prepared. >> he never said he gave a drip. >> i disagree with you, because he gave a drip. he says a dose and a drip. line 22. he says it. about that night.
7:31 pm
>> flanagan got a wakeup and he needs a lot of pit bull or red bull after lunch, and end of story. this is why i said i'm available, ask me questions. i am the consult, and talk to me and spend time with me and get to understand it. i'm available. when you go up there and fumbling around, and it just pisses me off. okay. okay? okay. stop. i'm talking to him, please don't interrupt me. >> the dose and the drip is referring to what he handled, and didn't you understand that to be referring to what he had handled before fine? >> no, i don't see it that way. he didn't say i didn't give a drip. he said i gave a dose and a drip. can we agree to disagree? >> i probably should have controlled him a little bit better. i think that the prosecution rested right now, they would win
7:32 pm
it. we're america's natural gas
7:33 pm
and here's what we did today: supported nearly 3 million steady jobs across our country... ... scientists, technicians, engineers, machinists... ... adding nearly 400 billion dollars to our economy... we're at work providing power to almost a quarter of our homes and businesses... ... and giving us cleaner rides to work and school... and tomorrow, we could do even more. cleaner, domestic, abundant and creating jobs now. we're america's natural gas. the smarter power, today. learn more at anga.us.
7:34 pm
7:35 pm
i'm milissa rehberger and here is what is happening. president obama tonight said that the sex abuse scandal at penn state should inspire national soul searching. america's top priority should always be the safety of our children. and venezuelan forces say they have recaptured wrestler wilson ramos after he was kidnapped from four gunmen from his home sunday night. now back to "michael jackson and the doctor: a fatal friendship." michael jackson's performances in the rehearsals at staples center had not been going well. after the crisis meeting at michael's house between michael, murray, and the producers, the doctor decided to try to wean him off of propofol. murray says that two days before jackson's death, he managed to get jackson to sleep without
7:36 pm
propofol. the impact on jackson's performance at rehearsals was immediate and could readily be seen in the footage played at trial in kenny ortega's testimony. >> he entered full of energy, and desire to work and full of enthusiasm and a different michael. we had two very successful days at rehearsal, and michael was feeling great and he looked at me and asked me if i was happy and i said i was happy. i asked him if he was happy, and he said he was very happy. >> as you know now, he never retu returned to staples center. following that rehearsal, michael was taken home and arrived home at 1:00 in the morning and the question is what transpired then from 1:00 in the morning to michael's death. >> his last rehearsal was one that all agreed was wonderful
7:37 pm
and murray says that when michael jackson arrived home, he was excited, but anxious to get his sleep for the next day's rehearsal. according to murray's police statement, at approximately 2:00 a.m. he gave michael valium and lorazepam, and heavy sedatives, but no propofol. at 3:00 a.m., the doctor gave him another sedative midazolam, and despite the drugs, jackson could not sleep. hours passed and murray says that he begged for propofol, and because of the milky color, jackson called milk. >> he was basically hysterical, he really could not sleep. and he begged and pleaded and asked me, please, please, dr. conrad. i need some milk so i can sleep. if i don't get any sleep today, i cannot perform. i cannot do anything.
7:38 pm
the agent will bwill upset, and everything will basically go down the drain. he looked to me during that morning to be like the "thriller." have you seen the "thriller" image when he was made-up? he looked that. now, i did not want to give him the medication, because i'm trying to show him a different path, but here's the pressure he puts on me now. he can't practice. he can't go to concert. aeg is going to be on him. the tour will fall apart. it is not going to happen.
7:39 pm
this is it. it is over for this man if he does not make this happen. i thought and struggled. i rubbed his feet. i felt such a weight. i was so, so worried about this man who is my friend thinking about where aeg's promise of the future would lie. >> it was dawn now and dr. murray's medications were still not working. >> you know, there was several times that he would walk away from me, and go into the other room. to me, that was a break. that was a break.
7:40 pm
that the longer he stayed awake is the less i had to deal with the fact that i could not get him to sleep. after he beg and pleaded, it was, you know what, if i give him just a tiny amount of propofol, 25 milligrams, slowly infuse, i may just put him to sleep and the other medications may have a chance to work, because he had a fair amount of medication aboard and the medications he had aboard before we even got to that point, i told him, i said, michael, i could put an elephant to sleep. this is not normal. it is not normal. he fell asleep. i was very pleased.
7:41 pm
>> by now according to murray's police statement, it was 10:50 a.m., and murray says he watched over michael for 25 minutes until he felt the small amount of propofol had worked its way through the system. he began to make phone calls. >> so it was not unusual for me to make calls or return calls during the morning hours while he was still asleep. it was not unusual. >> his last call was to a waitress he had met recently, and he never completed it. >> i said, hello, hello? i didn't hear anything. that is when i pressed the phone against my ear, and i heard mumbling of voices. it sounded like the phone was maybe in his pocket or something. >> during this call, dr. murray sees that his patient michael jackson has stopped breathing. >> he was not breathing. so my concern was as those
7:42 pm
agents the valium, the adavan, the verced acted in concert has now overwhelmed him once he went to sleep. not 25 milligrams of propofol. >> instead of dialing 911 immediately, murray tries to revive jackson by calling for help from the household staff. >> i heard dr. murray said, come from the kitchen. >> what did he say? >> he said get security, get prince. >> the first security showed up when he finally realized that there was a emergency he got to the door named alberto alvarez. he remained static. >> i was reaching for the phone in my pocket, and as i did that prince and paris came up behind
7:43 pm
me. paris screamed out "daddy." >> i told security to get the kids away from there, and get the kids away from there because i did not want them to see their father having cpr or a resuscitative event. >> dr. conrad murray said don't let them see their dad like that. i proceeded to turn around to the children and kind of ushered them out and said, kids, don't worry, we will take care of it, everything is going to be okay. >> he says, oh, doctor, doctor, what happened? i need help. i am doing cpr and mr. jackson is not breathing. come in here, and get me help. call 911. i need you to call 911. >> what is your emergency? >> sir, we have a gentleman here who needs help, and he is not breathing. he is not breathing, and we are trying to pump him, but he is not. >> okay. >> in addition to me doing cpr, chest compression and trying to resuscitate this patient, he is,
7:44 pm
i'm controlling him on the 911 call, how old is this patient? 50. >> we have a personal doctor here with him, sir. >> you have a doctor there? >> yes, but he is not responding to anything, and he is not responding to cpr or anything. >> oh, okay. >> i said, tell them where we are and get the [ bleep ] over here. get here immediately. i need you to come. come on! help me. >> sir, you just -- if you can please. >> we are on the way. i am just passing my way on to the paramedics, and they are on the way. >> well, sir, he is pumping on the chest, and he is not responding to anything. sir, please. >> okay. okay. we are on the way. >> you as the on site e mermg si doctor authorized the paramedics to pronounce the patient dead? >> yes. look, every day we're using more and more energy.
7:45 pm
the world needs more energy. where's it going to come from? ♪ that's why right here, in australia, chevron is building one of the biggest natural gas projects in the world. enough power for a city the size of singapore for 50 years. what's it going to do to the planet? natural gas is the cleanest conventional fuel there is. we've got to be smart about this. it's a smart way to go. ♪ the new spark card from capital one. spark miles gives me the most rewards of any small business credit card. the spark card earns double miles... so we really had to up our game. with spark, the boss earns double miles on every purchase, every day. that's setting the bar pretty high. owning my own business has never been more rewarding. coming through! [ male announcer ] introducing spark the small business credit cards from capital one. get more by choosing unlimited double miles or 2% cash back on every purchase, every day. what's in your wallet?
7:46 pm
7:47 pm
7:48 pm
with the trial drawing toward a close, dr. stephen schaffer, an expert on propofol is proving to be an effective witness for the prosecution. >> dr. schaffer, you have
7:49 pm
clearly described 17 egregious violations of the standardf of care. the 17 violations individually were likely to result in injury or death to michael jackson? >> yes. >> murray's defense team will call its own propofol expert, dr. paul white, to the stand, and the pressure is growing on chernoff and flanagan to persuasively counter the prosecution's strong case. >> they have no examples of that. >> when he presented dr. murray as a non -- >> elle with, the jury believes all of that. we have to bring them back to the issue of causation. >> we have to get it to be a cardiac arrest that starts this thing, otherwise you lose mathematically. >> you honestly think that in the cross-examination of schaffer, he is going to admit that it is a cardiac arrest, and
7:50 pm
we will have that argument? >> no, he has to admit that he do doesn't know, because he has never studied the effects of propof propofol. >> and when i ask him, i will say, isn't it true na you don't know, and he will say, i do know, because of this and this and this and we won't get into the science with this guy, because that is what we have a scientist for. >> no. >> i won't argue with you about methodolo methodology, mike. >> i will keep my mouth shut. >> no, i won't have an argument with the guy on science. >> [ bleep ] you. >> you want to spend three hours doing that, go ahead. >> no, no, no. you don't see the issue. >> got you. >> he has it all mapped out for you, and you are missing it. >> see you guys tomorrow.
7:51 pm
>> thank you, doctor, thank you, your honor. at this point, cross-examination by the defense, mr. chernoff. >> thank you, judge. >> good afternoon. >> their dispute over strategy led chernoff to remove flanagan from the vital cross-examination of dr. schaffer. >> one of the things that you were asked your opinion about that you testified to yesterday were the actual i.v. set-up, infusion, how michael jackson received the propofol that was received in his body. and you understand the difference between opinion and fact, don't you? >> objection, your honor. >> do you? >> i will sustain the objection. >> you understand that everything that you said in the last two days is your opinion. you understand that, right? do you understand that? >> it might be the opinion i have as a physician, but i believe it is an opinion -- well, interesting question.
7:52 pm
>> chernoff's cross of dr. schaffer resulted in a falling out with flanagan causing chernoff to move out of flanagan's house. >> my theory with the experts is that you don't cross experts in the area of expertise, because you are asking for trouble. you are not going to be smarter than the expert. i don't think that flanagan disagrees with that theory, but it is important enough for me, and that is why i took it over. you know, i'm fighting the judge anyway. fighting the prosecution anyway. i'm hoping that it will all pan out, but it may not. >> with his personal liberty clearly at risk, dr. murray has re-evaluated his own relationships, especially with jackson. >> i do not believe he would
7:53 pm
have had an active intention to do me harm. but i think that through his most intense desire to have me there with him, it was interwinded with a degree of betrayal. teach me your way, oh, lord, and lead me to the smooth path because of my enemies and do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries, and be of the way of the lord and of courage and he shall strengthen my heart with i say unto the lord. >> yes.
7:54 pm
>> they want you to convict dr. murray for the actions of michael jackson. poor conrad murray. everyone is to blame but conrad murray. this type of medical care has never been seen. this was a pharmaceutical experiment, justice demands a guilty verdict. >> we have been dancing around this for six weeks. somebody has to just say it. if it were anybody else but michael jackson, would this doctor be here today? ladies and gentlemen of the jury, i'm advised that the jury has reached a verdict. >> we, the jury in the above entitled action, find the defendant conrad robert murray, guilty of the crime of involuntary manslaughter.
7:55 pm
[ cheers ] >> guilty, guilty, guilty. >> the judge michael pastor denies dr. murray bail and sends him to the l.a. county jail. >> it was so sad. i remember running down the hall in the e.r. and i was punching
7:56 pm
the wall. i was punch iing the wall. i didn't want to lose him. i love him. i don't want to talk anymore. ♪ i take my multi-vitamin
7:57 pm
7:58 pm
but wanted to do something more for my nutrition. there's so much information out there. what's good for you today, is bad for you tomorrow. i had no idea what to choose. until i found pronutrients -- a new line of supplements from centrum, who i totally trust. omega-3 supports not only my heart, but my brain and my eyes too. probiotics helps with my digestive balance and my immune function. and fruit & veggie has antioxidant properties. new pronutrients from centrum
7:59 pm
helps make nutrition possible. two of the most important are energy security and economic growth. north america actually has one of the largest oil reserves in the world. a large part of that is oil sands. this resource has the ability to create hundreds of thousands of jobs. at our kearl project in canada, we'll be able to produce these oil sands with the same emissions as many other oils and that's a huge breakthrough. that's good for our country's energy security and our economy. that's good for our country's energy security diabetes testing? what else is new? you get the blood, hope it's enough, it's-- what's this? freestyle lite® blood glucose test strip. sure, i'll try it, but-- [beep] wow. yep, that's the patented freestyle zipwik™ design. it's like it-- [both] targets the blood. yeah, draws it right in. the test starts fast. you need just a third the blood of one touch.® okay. freestyle test strips. i'll take 'em. sure. call or click-- we'll send you strips and a meter, free. can't i just have these? freestyle lite test strips.

77 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on