Religious Experience in the Hindu Tradition
- Publication date
- Social Sciences, Sociology, Hinduism, renunciation, Nirguna Bhakti, devotion, performance, Sadhus, India, Indian Religions, religious experience, Balaji, Ganges, pilgrimage, Open Access Books, Ethnography, tantra, yantra, Srividya, Bengali home, sacred domesticity, shankh, conch, Lakshmi, Manasa, shongshar, Indian music, sacred sound, K?rtan, Bhajan, N?da-Brahman, Dhrupad, Khayal, Bhakti, Rasa, Sang?ta, R?ga, T?la, Erfahrung, Erlebnis, seeing, being seen, I, not I, S??khya, Yoga, puru?a, prak?ti, puru??rtha, bhakti, Tukaram, Mahipati, Mariyamman, ammai, poxes, affliction, Tamil, rain, agricultural field, goddess, Ramakrishna, Vedanta, pluralism, Santmat, Sants, divine light and sound, medieval Sant tradition, moral conduct, modern gurus, ??nti, dhy?n, guru, William James, G?yatr? mantra, Bhagavad G?t?, Patañjali, S??khya philosophy, Gandhi, Ved?nta, Yoga S?tra, creativity, modern Hinduism, ??kta tantra, tantric s?dhan?, yoga, ku??alin?, ?akti, arts &, religions, Tantric Studies, ?r? Vidy?, meditation, prayer, saints, brahman, bh?va, mah?bh?va, trance, sam?dhi, mok?a, dar?an, anta?kara?a, Yogas?tras, sa?yama, possession
- MDPI - Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute
This Special Issue of Religions brings together a talented group of international scholars who have studied and written on the Hindu tradition. The topic of religious experience is much debated in the field of Religious Studies, and here, we present studies of the Hindu religious experience explored from a variety of regions and perspectives. Our intention is to show that the religious experience has long been an important part of Hinduism, and should not be dismissed or considered as irrelevant. As a body of scholarship, these articles refine our understanding of the range and variety of religious experience in Hinduism. In addition to their substantive contributions, the authors also show important new directions in the study of the third-largest religion in the world, with over one billion followers.
This item is part of a library of books, audio, video, and other materials from and about India is curated and maintained by Public Resource. The purpose of this library is to assist the students and the lifelong learners of India in their pursuit of an education so that they may better their status and their opportunities and to secure for themselves and for others justice, social, economic and political.
This library has been posted for non-commercial purposes and facilitates fair dealing usage of academic and research materials for private use including research, for criticism and review of the work or of other works and reproduction by teachers and students in the course of instruction. Many of these materials are either unavailable or inaccessible in libraries in India, especially in some of the poorer states and this collection seeks to fill a major gap that exists in access to knowledge.
For other collections we curate and more information, please visit the Bharat Ek Khoj page. Jai Gyan!
- 2020-03-06 18:23:55
- 9783039210503 / 9783039210510
- google-cloud-vision IndianKanoon 1.0
- Internet Archive Python library 1.9.0
Uploaded by Public Resource on