What dangers will Falk face when he rockets into Captain Rogers’ Neighborhood? Will they rescue the Tiger Men in time? Has the Moon Patrol lost its way? What’s a cloaca? Listen to find out!
“Look Out, Moon Featuring Captain Rogers,” episode 54 of This Gun in My Hand, escaped Earth’s gravity thanks to the piloting of Rob Northrup. This episode and all others are available on Youtube with automatically-generated closed captions of dialog. Visit http://ThisGuninMyHand.blogspot.com for credits, show notes, information on how to subscribe, and to buy my books, such as Dungeons and Dayjobs, or Little Heist in the Big Woods and Other Revisionist Atrocities. What do I use to violate the Crime Directive? This Gun in My Hand!
1. I stole the “Moon Patrol” gag from Melinda.
2. Red Sorghum (1987) is a great movie. How can you go wrong with Gong Li directed by Zhang Yimou?
3. Never put butter on a burn. Rinse it with cool water.
4. The Starship Kittykat would have to travel more than twice the speed of light to reach the stranded Tiger Men beyond Neptune in less than two hours. It’s not capable of that speed so couldn’t have reached them in time anyway.
5. “Owning a handgun is associated with a dramatically elevated risk of suicide, according to new  Stanford research that followed 26 million California residents over a 12-year period.” https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/handgun-ownership-associated-with-much-higher-suicide-risk.html
The opening music clip was from The Sun Sets at Dawn (1950), and the closing music was from Killer Bait (1949), both films in the public domain. Most of the music and sound effects used in the episode are modified or incomplete versions of the originals.
Music Title (Capt. Rogers’ piano intro): Lounge.wav